Chapter 7 : Nikki's confession

Nikki dragged Max through the forest almost like she had to run to a finish line with a bag of sand behind them.

Max just kinda stood still to make sure any passing branches wouldn't hit them.

 They were kinda confused. Max knew Nikki had to tell them something but what confused him was why they were going so far into the forest.

Nikki abruptly stopped, making Max slam into Nikki.

Max looked from behind Nikki to see a small clearing. There was a mini lake in the middle of it along with some rocks.

It looked like it could be a hideout of sorts and it was. Nikki would always come here when she wanted to break everything at camp and for when she had freetime.

Anyone could definitely see that the hideout was mostly used for destroying stuff as the nearby trees had bitemarks and some were just in pieces.

Nikki ran up to a tree and swerved back around to face Max.  She fidgeted with her hands as she didn't know how to say what she was about to say.

Max could see Nikki's face turn bright red but he didn't know if it was the lightning as the sun was setting and turned the sky a beautiful orange color.

Nikki slapped her face with her hands as she was trying to get the confidence they had just a few seconds before.

"Okay, give me a minute! This might take awhile."

Max didn't know what it was but he had a suspicion. Nikki was going to tell him what was going on between her and Y/N.

He expected some type of drama like Nikki telling him to stay away from Y/N and either give them actually evidence they were a dick or just say nonesenable things.

"I LIKE YOU."

Max stepped back, it startled him. Not just the fact that she yelled but she had on crush on them too?

He flushed a red color. This never happened to him before and was rather embarrassed to even think about such things.

Someone liked them seemed ridiculous but here someone was, saying exactly that. Max chuckled in disbelief.

"N-No. Are you joking?

"Of course not!"

"Huh?"

"I'm not kidding, I like you!"

"What?"

Nikki took a deep breath and calmly reassured herself that it's going to be okay. She then slowly said her next sentence.

"I like you, will you go out with me?"

"Hell no."

"What?"

"I don't want to."

"Why?"

"It's stupid."

"What is?"

"Relationships in general. If this is all, I need to go the fuck back."