Chapter 12.5: Yesterday

The light softly fluttered into the car windows onto the sleeping figure. The sun had just begun to rise and the birds outside were chirping.

The figure's eyelids slowly opened and adjusted to the brightness. They already felt so tired and exhausted from last night. Events from last night flashed through their eyes then they realized the situation.

"The heck, what happened?" Y/N mumbled to themselves.

They were laying down in the back of the car and sat up to get a better look around. It seemed that no one else was in the car with them and Y/N decided to look outside the windows. That's when they saw him.

Outside the car was Max, leaning on the car door. He was facing away from the window, nodding off to sleep in this upright position.

Y/N scrambled over to where Max was and knocked on the window. His body jerked upwards and turned around with this worried expression, only when he saw Y/N did he sigh in relief.

"Jesus Christ, you scared me." Max said as he opened the door to talk to Y/N better.

"Sorry about that, are you tired? It looked like you were about to fall asleep."

"I just need coffee and I'll be fucking great."

"I couldn't agree more with that so.. umm... did we succeed or something, I mean we have a car?"

"Not quite. We were so damn close too. We did get the car but it ran out of gas a few hours ago."

"How? I mean, unless yesterday was a nightmare, I'm so confused."

Y/N looked over to see a cut on Max's face.

"-And what happened to your face?"

He signed and rolled his eyes. "Wait till Niel and Nikki get back, they'll explain everything. I'm too tired to remember anything from last night."

"If you're tired you should sleep."

"Sleep is for the weak."

"Uhuh, say that again in a few minutes. Anyways, what do we do now since we escaped?"

"Nothing anymore. The car has no gas so we're stuck in the middle of nowhere so we're going back."

"Back where?"

"Where else? Camp."

"Huh but didn't we escape?"

"Yes but now we failed so I called up David to fucking get us."

"Huh, you're giving up?"

Max looked really pissed at this pointband this statement put him over the edge.

"I don't fucking want to but what else is there, huh?"

Y/N put up their hands in defense. Max sighed and put his hand on his face, mumbling "it's too early for this."

"Hey Y/N! You're awake!"

The two of them looked over to see Nikki flailing her arms very excitedly. Neil was next to Nikki, looking rather relieved himself.