Q+A Session

1) Where's the rest of #Majdaa romance?

I didn't really mean for this book to focus on the romance factor. Of course, there was still romance, but the central focus was the mystery behind the serial killer, not just Malik and Sajdaa.

As for their romance, I decided not to write another book that explicitly details their courtship since most of it happened in the book. Also, I'm a busy student who doesn't want to waste time on romance when it's implied.

2) How did Sajdaa's parents react to Malik if he wasn't originally practicing and that he is a Syrian?

If you remember correctly, Sajdaa's father had given Malik a push to be more trusting in Allah. In a way, the whole family influenced Malik, so a marriage proposal was a piece of cake to him.

Although Malik is not Bengali, I've painted a picture of a religious family that doesn't follow many culture customs. To them, as long as the spouse is a good Muslim, then it's all good. I made Malik a Syrian to promote diversity and shed light on the misconceptions he was fed based on his personal experiences.

Anyone is able to be redeemed as long as they repent.

3) Why did Audrey and William target Sajdaa specifically?

It's stated in the book that each killed for a distorted sense of love. Let me break it down.

William was married, but unsatisfied in his marriage. He sought sexual comfort elsewhere, but is also a psychopath. When he realized he would lose everything if his dirty secret was out, he chose to kill using Audrey for his pleasure and his partner in crime given her mental history.

Audrey became delusional when Malik no longer loved her, hence why she was at a mental institution. William gets her out, and Audrey chooses to use him by manipulation, something she's good at.

Here's the Sajdaa part.

Both kill Sajdaa's uncle because he knew the dirty secret, but the killings don't stop. Audrey notices Sajdaa and Malik (evil laugh in chapter 3) and is fueled by her blind love for him, so she and William continue to knock down their enemies in an attempt to get closer to Sajdaa.

They also aren't the biggest fans of Muslims or any religion for that matter. I mean they kill for joy, people. They ain't the best of folks.

4) Dude, Muslim characters mean this book should be in Spiritual, right?

Nope. Just because a book has Muslim main characters doesn't mean its automatically spiritual. You could argue that HC does talk about a spiritual journey and the constant remembrance of Allah, but to me that's just an average Muslim.

It's natural for me to write so much about religion. I'm just used to it, but just because my characters are religious doesn't mean they can't be in other genres that fit them better. The main conflict was a mysterious killer. Islam was a minor part in character development.

5) Will there be a series on Sajdaa and Malik as a crime fighting couple?

*crickets*

Not quite. I wanted to, but I'm getting into the historical fiction genre right now. I will be writing snippets of their future together.

Who knows I might write a book about Hamza? ;)

6) Will some characters here make an appearance in other books?

Hell yeah. *cough cough* Bitter Sweet *cough cough*

I think I'm catching a cold.

7) Are the characters based on real people?

Some are. Of course I've never had serial killers after me or fallen in love with a cop, but personality wise, Sajdaa reflects my sarcastic attitude. Her uncle was like mine, a man who protected his family till his last dying breath.

Ridwan is a more accurate description of my brother's annoying personality and his need to play hero at times. *rolls eyes*

8) Will this book be published in paperback?

I'm trying to. I finished my manuscript for this book and sent it to publishers, so all we can do it pray and have patience.

I've seen some authors self-publish with Amazon, but I'd like to go traditional.

The question is, will you all buy it if I ever got that far?

I'll continue to add more questions if you ask and I'll keep y'all updates on the publishing stuff because it's still uncertain. Make duaa for me!

9) Is there anything we can do to help?

Currently, yes. I'm trying out this new site called Swoon Reads where reviews and comments help an author get published.

Obviously, it's only for completed works, so I put this book there. I'd really appreciate it if you guys would go and rate the book on that site.

Link is on my profile.

If you enjoyed the book, then please help me get it published. Message me if you have any questions!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow :)