7 • birthday queen and therapy

3... 2... 1...

I sigh as my bedroom door bursts open and Alice stands smiling wide, holding a plate with a cupcake on. The cupcake has a small candle stood in the frosting.

"Happyyyy birthday!" She shrieks.

I try to stay mad at her but end up giggling and blushing. "Thank You Alice... you promised thought."

"I swear I didn't overspend." She lays a hand on her heart then holds the plate out. "Make a wish!"

I think for a moment and blow the candle out, seeing her grin wide. "C'mon, let's get you dressed and then go do presents. Our family is coming to meet you."

I freeze, half stood half sat. "Excuse me?"

"Jasper invited them."

I stand slowly and process this - does he want me to go insane? "Why? Do they know who I am...?"

"Because you need to meet them at some point and yes. We're all... the same, that's why we stick together. Do you want help getting your leggings on?"

I shake my head and grab them, sitting down and starting with my left leg. Stupid stupid car, why'd it have to hit me on just my left side!?

I struggle but manage to do it myself for the first time, smiling triumphantly as I stand pulling them up. Alice throws me my shirt and I button it up, smoothing it down over my bum and checking the collar.

"Cute. Let's go." She hands me my crutches and skips ahead.

I sigh and make it to the top of the stairs. I was okay getting up them but... going down is a different story. I think for a moment before I smirk, sitting down and bumping my way down on my bum.

Alice crosses her arms. "That's cheating, Ivy."

I giggle and stand. "It's problem solving at its finest."

She huffs and stomps to the living room. I yawn and lay back on the couch. "Where's Jazz?"

"He's with Edward and Emmett. Sorting something out for you."

"For me...?"

"Mhmm. Your present."

I sit up and put my hands together, talking slowly. "Alice.... what did I say about my birthday?"

"Don't go overboard. And don't spend too much."

"Exactly. So what are they sorting out?"

"Nothing important. Oh look, everyone's here." She skips to the door changing the subject.

I groan and cover my face with a cushion for a moment. I hear someone giggle. "Alice what did you do to the poor girl!?" I hear Bella say.

"She's being an ass!" I scowl as I throw the pillow to the end of the couch.

"Oh grow up Ivy! You're 20 years old!"

I huff and roll my eyes. I see 3 stunningly beautiful women and an equally as handsome man smirking as they come in. I blush a little as the blonde male steps forward.

"You must be Ivy. I'm Carlisle, Jasper's father. This is my wife Esme, our daughter Rosalie, Bella and Bella's daughter Ness."

I blush and shake his hand - cold, just like Jasper and Alice's. "Lovely to meet you, all of you."

"I bet your glad to be home." Bella smiles and she sits beside me.

I watch as Rosalie sits in the furthest armchair from me, Ness sits on the other couch with Esme and Carlisle goes to the kitchen with Alice. I smile small at Bella. "I am, very much so. I don't think Alice likes how I do things, though."