15 • plans

Alec and I lay in our usual spot, beside the river in the flowers, as we stare at the bright sky. His fingers play with mine and I smile as I see his diamond like skin glimmer as the sun catches it.

"Summer is definitely my favourite time how." I say as I lay my head on his shoulder more.

He chuckles. "How so, buttercup?"

"I get to see this more often." I say as I admire his skin.

"You don't find it weird?"

"Not at all - it's mesmerising." I say ad I kiss the back of his hand.

He chuckles. "That's good I suppose. I just keep waiting for you to run at something I say or do."

"Never. Takes a lot more to scare me than some glitter." I tease.

He rolls his eyes. "Ivy Rose, you're jumper than one of those yappy dogs."

I giggle. "Nooooo, not always."

He shakes his head I feel something touch my thigh; I jump and look down at my thigh seeing his hand there. I roll my eyes. "That does not count, honey."

"Proved my point, though." He smirks.

I shake my head this time and sit up, stretching. "What did Jasper say earlier?"

"The pack caught Jane's scent near by again. First time in almost a month but she's back." He sighs sadly.

I frown; Jane has tried to visit a few times. Since the incident in March, Alice has seen her plan many things, including ripping me apart, but she's not settled on anything. We know she wants to talk to Alec but he has nothing to say to her so Jacob and his pack are keeping her away. It's been almost 4 months and she hasn't given up.

I sigh small. "I'm sorry...."

"What for?" He frowns as he leans on his elbow.

"She's your twin sister, Alec. You should have chose her - you and her have been together for well over a thousand years!" I shake my head feeling immense guilt.

He cups my face and makes me look up at him instead of at my dress. "I have followed her for that entire time and she always got what she wanted. She is the one Aro always wanted, it was just a bonus that I had a talent too. She has always been his surrogate daughter and I was just the bit on the side when they both fancied it. My mother would want me happy and I am - with you."

I smile small and he pulls my into a hug. He knows how to talk me down and comfort me; I don't know where I'd be without him now.

"I wish we didn't have to deal with any of this." I whisper as I close my eyes.

His hand gently massages my head as he sighs. "Its not like we can disappear."

I think for a moment and look up at him. "What if we can?"

He raises an eyebrow. "Edward will figure it out and Alice will see the decisions we make."

"Not if the pack are too close. They patrol pretty close here and I know for a fact Alice struggles to see past them - we have to plan when we know they are near!" I sit up eagerly.

He thinks for a moment. "Maybe... but where would we go?"

"Anywhere! Absolutely anywhere." I cup his face. Thank God they're all at Esme and Carlisle's today otherwise we'd be heard.

He smiles as I smile excitedly. "You really wanna go?" I nod fast and I see his eyes soften. "Then let's do it, sweetheart. I'll go anywhere you want."

-
-
-

Jacob Black walks over in his human form, confusion evident on his and Nessie's face as to why I called them here. I smile gently at them both. "Thank you for coming so fast."

"No problem. What can we do for you?" Jacob looks between Alec and I.

I look at Alec so he can explain. "We wish to leave, without the interference of Ivy's family. We would like to ask for you to cover us until we're at least out of the country, help is cover our scents."

Jacob raises an eyebrow. "You want me to betray our family so you can leave them?"

Ness frowns. "Why? This would break them."

"We don't want to hurt them, Nessie." I say softly. "We just want to go away for a while. Alec still isn't trusted... and we don't want to cause trouble. I know you understand... your parents don't trust you and Jake alone all the time. It get suffocating sometimes."

She's silent for a moment. "I know how you feel... well help."

"Ness-" Jacob goes to protest but she motions for him to not.

I hug her gently. "Thank you. They're gone hunting tonight so it has to be then. Is 7 okay?"

She nods and hugs back with a sigh. "We'll be here."

I thank them both and watch as they leave; Alec squeezes my hand. "C'mon, we best get sorted."

I nod small and we go to pack a rucksack. I stop half way through, grabbing some paper and a pen.

Alice and Jasper, mom and dad.
Alec and I are safe, but we needed space. Remember I keep saying about a human, normal 5 minutes? Well I need a little more - I need a longgg vacation. Do not blame Ness and Jake, they are simply doing as we ask. Before you know it we'll be back. I don't know how long we'll be gone but please don't stress or worry or go mad. It's not like it's forever.
I love you both! ~Ivy Rose

I kiss the envelope and put it in my purse to give to Renesmee later. I help Alec finish up as a few tears fall; he gently kisses them away not saying a word. The sun soon sets and 7pm rolls around.

I gently close my bedroom door as Alec slings the backpack on easily and gently picks me up; I cuddle into him, a little sad were leaving but knowing this is our decision. It's the right decision.

I see 3 wolves waiting by the trees; Jake is obviously the largest, in the centre. I don't really know many of the wolves so I can't guess who the others are.

Ness climbs off Jacob and comes over. "You guys best be off... stay safe okay? Maybe send us a post card." She smiles gently.

I smile small and hand her the letter. "Don't let them make you feel guilty, okay?"

She nods small and watches as we begin to run. Once she's out of sight I cuddle into Alec, closing my eyes as he runs surrounded by the wolves. It takes about 20 minutes but we soon arrive at Seattle airport, away from the busy streets.

Alec stops by some trees that lead to the highway, turning to the wolves. "Thank you all. We owe you."

Jacob nods once and Alec runs to the departures, setting me down gently. I sigh and kiss his cheek. "Ready, Mr Red eyes?"

"Ready, Miss Whitlock." He smirks.