17 • visitor

"Then she goes inside and you stay away from her." Alec finally says.

"If you wish. But I would like to meet her at some point? I will never understand the appeal humans have to us... first Edward, now you." Aro shakes his head with a sigh.

Alec doesn't respond; he turns to me and cups my face. "Go inside and make yourself some dinner or soemthing okay? I won't be long." He kisses my head.

I nod slowly and look over at Aro and his men once more before I go inside, feeling them watch me. Once inside, I stand in the kitchen for a moment, unsure of what to do.

I close my eyes and hesitantly tune in.

'Ivy!' Edward calls frantically.

'What? Now you want me?'

He sighs in relief. 'Oh god I've been trying to speak to you for the last hour!'

'Not my problem. What do you want?'

'To apologise. I'm sorry, okay? How are you? Where are you? Are you happy? I was just shocked you contacted me, I'm sorry it was a freak response of shock.' He rambles.

I sigh. 'Now isn't the best time, Edward... Aro is here.'

I hear him growl and can tell he physically growls too. 'What!? Why!?'

'He says he wishes to speak to Alec. I can't hear what they're talking about and it worries me.' I whisper.

'If he's allowed you to go inside then I believe you should be safe. Where are you, Ivy?'

'It doesn't matter... I'll check in soon, okay?' I say softly before I open my eyes.

I notice one of the males that was there when Jane attacked stood watching me. I gasp and step back, putting the kitchen island between is. His red eyes follow me. "Curious... Alec wishes you to join us again."

I nod small and wait for him to go outside before I follow slowly, seeing Alec look over from where Aro watches me. I swallow hard and rush to his side, instantly taking his hand; relief washes over me as soon as I'm beside him.

"She calms you, Alec." Aro notices, his red eyes examining me.

"Sure. Now tell me again what Jane said - she deserves to hear." Alec demands.

Aro clears his throat as he finally looks away from me. "She wishes for me to give her permission to kill the girl - and you, if that's what it takes. She feels betrayed, she seeks revenge. Alec, son, I did not agree." Aro shakes his head sincerely.

I swallow hard. "Why can't she let it go? Alec is her brother, she should want him happy."

Aro looks at me again. "Yes I agree... Jane is a spoilt girl, I guess that's partly my fault. I've always viewed the twins as my own so I wished to please them and it appears I may have given her too much freedom. Jane is very particular - she wants what she wants, when she wants it, and there are consequences if she isn't happy."