Whisked Away

The door of the Leaky Cauldron opened with a creek. The place looked in much more better condition. The tables looked less scrappy, the leathers of the chairs were less worn out; even Tom, the owner of the place looked twenty years younger. Everything just looked so different from what he was used to seeing them like, yet it was the same place he has been to so many times.

Harry sat there with a mug of beer in his hand. Right now, his head was full of questions like; how he managed to travel twenty years back; twenty one, to be precise. One moment, he was lying on the cold tiles floor in the Ministry of Magic, and the next moment, he was lying on the snowy street of the lonely side alley of the Leaky Cauldron. His heart was still aching with the thought of Sirius's death. It was his fault. He should never have believed in Voldemort's vision. This thought spiralled into his head again and again as he put his head on the table trying to numb down his throbbing head. He gulped down the rest of the beer in his mouth and picked up the Daily Prophet lying on the wooden table.

Voldemort Rises to Power, Eight Muggleborn Witches and Wizards killed; read the headline of the first page. How many Horcruxes must he have made till now? Harry thought. He decided that he'd need to visit a library soon.

Since he was back in time, Harry had decided, that he could use the time to change certain things. There was quite a list planned in the unconscious part of his brain, but killing Voldemort was the first and the foremost thing he wanted to do. The date was 28th August 1974. For Harry, it meant that it was the start of a new term in Hogwarts within few days. Fortunately, he had enough money with him. While in Hogwarts, he had decided to go on a vacation with his godfathers Sirius and Remus during the term break after his fifth year. But alas, due to his stupid action, not only he had lost his Sirius, but also he has left few innocent people in the grasp of death eaters.

No; it didn't include Ron or Hermione. He had realized this with quite a pain in his heart that they were not his real friends. They were with them just for the sake of killing Voldemort. They have been by his side just because they were told to do so; by Albus Dumbledore. He was worried about the other people he had been within the Ministry of Magic; Neville, Luna, and also Ginny to some extent. He knew that the girl liked him genuinely, but he didn't. Neville and Luna were the two people who had understood him the most throughout his life in Hogwarts.

One would think that Bellatrix had actually killed Sirius Black. But it wasn't the truth. If someone had looked closely enough at the situation for the second time, they would notice that Sirius had actually blocked the killing curse sent by Bellatrix. And due to this busyness, he didn't notice; or should he say that he didn't expect, the curse coming his way from a girl; Hermione Granger. Yes, Sirius Black was killed by his supposed best friend Hermione Granger. The question remains; why. The answer is very simple; to increase his rage against Voldemort. That was the sole reason, they had been by his side for all this year; to make him feel so alone and depressed, that he couldn't think of anything else other than killing off Voldemort.; first his parents, and then his godfather. That would be enough reason for a man to want to kill the person or monster that has caused him so much pain.

It would be wrong if he said that he was excited to go to Hogwarts. He was actually excited to get a library free of cost so that he could research on what Voldemort was up to. He knew that Hogwarts library kept all the records of the Daily Prophet of the last couple of hundred years. He would get enough information there by which he can figure out how many Horcruxes he had managed to make till now. They would just need to figure out what the Horcruxes were. However, Dumbledore may have used him; but the memories he used to share with him always happened to be useful. It was the sole reason he put up with him even after knowing about his theft from his vault.