Outcasted

The next day onwards, he was treated as had expected after the heated conversation with the supposed Slytherin Prince. Nobody in the house talked with him. Everybody sneered at him whenever he was near someone. But to his own amusement, he was enjoying the immature behaviour of the people around him. And honestly, he preferred to be shunned in front of everybody rather than being backstabbed by some supposed best friend. Nonetheless, he enjoyed and utilised the alone time he got, by spending it in the library, researching about the murders and crimes of Voldemort to get a further hint about his Horcruxes. He had the twenty years old affairs related to Voldemort open in front of him in the library table. The one he was looking at now, was a mysterious murder, which was committed years before Voldemort had rose to power. She was a witch named Smith, and very suspiciously, no money had been stolen from her. On further reading about the article, he deduced that only two things were missing from her house; the Helga Hufflepuff cup and the Slytherin locket, which were in her possession at the time.

Harry needn’t to be told twice that they were currently two other Horcruxes of Voldemort. Till now, he had found out about five horcruxes; the Gaunt ring, the Hufflepuff cup, the Slytherin locket, and he himself. He had discovered the fact that he’s a horcrux, last year, when he had been able to look inside Voldemort’s brain. He accepted that he was a Legillimens, but he didn’t think himself to be such a good one that he could look inside Voldemort’s head. He had to do his part of research to know that. He had accepted that he will have to die. But before that, he will make sure that he is able to take Voldemort with him and throw him into Hell.

“I’ll not let you live so happily dear...You are going to have a hard life ahead...” Harry muttered to himself before taking his wand out and waving it lazily to pack up the files and put them away in the rack.

“What are you researching upon, Potter?” a voice asked from behind. Harry jumped around to find James, Remus, Peter and Sirius standing there.

Harry rolled his eyes. “Couldn’t you have been a bit expected? I mean, you could have made a bit of sound as a precaution that someone’s present over here.” He said putting the files away.

“No, how could we be? We needed to sneak on Harry Potter; had to be a bit unheard.” James said with a smug look.

“What were you doing anyway?” Sirius asked.

“Checking on Voldemort’s achievements; he has quite a long list of records.” Harry said shrugging.

James, Remus and Sirius fixed their gazes on the boy standing in front of them standing so nonchalantly. That was the only guy they had seen who had the audacity to speak his name. But Peter instantly flinched.

Harry raised his eyebrows at Peter. “How brave of you Pettigrew; true Gryffindor.” He said shaking his head.
“What are you talking about?” Peter asked a bit nervously.
“What are you, scared of the name Voldemort? Don’t worry; he’s not present here to bite your scarred arse.” Harry said smiling.

Peter flinched yet again. Harry flattened his lips at his persistency and rolled his eyes.

“You are not afraid of him?” Remus asked with raised eyebrow.

“Nah, he’s my distant cousin, so...you know, I will be doomed if I’m afraid of my own cousin.” Harry said in an amused tone.

They all looked at him bewildered. “Cousin?” they asked aloud together.

Harry shrugged. “I have heard that the Potters and the Gaunts are related to each other from the Peverell line.” He said.

James nodded. “I see that you know many things about the Potters. Yet you don’t know your parent’s name?” he asked raising his eyebrows in taunt.