Changing Relationships

Days went by at Malfoy Manor as usual. Vacations were nearing to an end. Harry had successfully spotted the diary in the Malfoy library. He was planning on taking the diary four days before the vacation ends. That way it will create less suspicion on him. He has fully planned the whole recovery process. The diary was actually kept at the very end of the library between two cursed books. If anyone tries to touch the diary they will obviously have to touch the book and will get cursed quite severely. But the trick to retrieve it was very simple. One who actually knows what to look for can easily get it. Once he found out about the cursed books, he has used the books in the Malfoy library itself to get detailed information about the curses and their counter curses. He has gone to the Diagon Alley one day and brought a diary similar to the one that had been made into horcruxes. Harry has then proceeded onto engraving the name 'TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE' much like it had been on the original one and doused it with every dark magic he has gained knowledge of by reading in the Malfoy library. It was a highly Slytherin move and Harry was rather proud of it. He was just waiting for the scheduled day.

On the other hand his relationship with Lucius has become somewhat more than just tolerable. After a while he understood that Lucius Malfoy was as much as a teenager as he was. He now was spending a rather peaceful vacation. Just like every day, Harry was heading towards the hall to find Lucius so that they can go outside for some time. As he neared the hall he heard muffled voices. He quickly hid himself behind a wall and listened.

"... are you sure that it will be safe there?" someone asked in a low voice.

"Yes, I'm absolutely sure. No one will go to search it in that old house. It's all wrecked." The unmistakable voice of Abraxas Malfoy came second.

"But isn't Riddle Manor an obvious place someone will look if they want to find it?" asked the first voice.

"How will someone assume such an expensive cup was lying somewhere in a wrecked building?" Abraxas Malfoy sounded confident. But Harry wasn't listening anymore. He has got the location of the last existing horcrux. Coming to Malfoy Manor has been a rather profitable tour in Harry's term. He quickly moved away from his hiding place before anyone could notice and headed towards the hall as if nothing had happened.

At the sound of Harry's footstep the conversation halted automatically.

"Lord Malfoy, have you happened to see Lucius? I've been searching him for a long time but couldn't quite find him." Harry asked with his same plastic smile.

"No, Mr. Potter. Maybe he is in his room doing his homework. Why don't you check?" Abraxas replied smiling slightly. Abraxas was actually slightly impressed with the boy. He has noticed that the boy seems to have a great interest in dark arts. He has almost completed reading every book there in the library. Abraxas has also noticed him practicing the spells in the dungeons and was doing so with great efficiency. He was certain that this boy can prove an invaluable asset to their group.

"Ah, so this is young Mr. Harry Potter? Gentleman what is your parent's name?" The man whom Harry now recognized to be Antonin Dolohov asked.

"I'm sure Lord Malfoy has informed you that I'm an orphan and have no idea of my parent's identity, Lord Dolohov." Harry said politely but strongly.

Dolohov was taken aback by the ferocity of his voice. "I'm sorry; it must have slipped my mind." Dolohov answered quickly.

"Do try to hold the information's you get; you never know when someone may backstab you because you didn't hold onto your information correctly and securely." Harry retorted politely and with that he left the halls, leaving behind a stunned man and another impressed one.