Revelations

"What are you all—"he started but stopped as soon as he realized that he in the hospital. He eyes snapped to his body and he gasped when he noticed there was no shirt on his body.

He pulled at the cover and put it over his shoulder. "How did I come here? And where's my shirt?" he snapped.

"Potter, you fainted." Remus said. "Poppy had to heal you, so she had to take your shirt off." He explained glancing at others.

Harry's eyes grew wider. "Heal? What do you mean by heal! I told you yesterday that I was fine!" he snapped.

"Potter, we just tried to help you. We promise we won't tell anybody about this." Sirius said calmly.

"No, Padfoot, you don't understand. I don't need anybody's help! I didn't want everybody to know that I was beaten up by a bunch of students..." he trailed off unaware that he had just used the name 'Padfoot'.

"You were not only beaten up by a bunch of students. You were abused—"Remus started.

"No!" Harry shouted again. "Shut up, Moony. Shut up!" Harry repeated. Harry got up abruptly.

He looked at his visitors with fearful eyes and then ran off.

James, Sirius, Remus and Peter looked at each other with meaningful eyes.

"He knows our names." James stated.

"Yes, and he was calling us as though he's been doing it for years. He didn't even have to think, it came to him instinctually." Remus said with a confused expression.

"Something is up with the guy. He seems to know us quite well; especially Remus and me." Sirius said in a serious tone.

Harry ran and ran until he reached the Quidditch Pitch. He was exhausted. Everything was crashing on him like tons of bricks. He didn't know for how long he will be able to control himself before breaking down completely. He couldn't control it anymore, he broke down crying. He let out an anguished cry for all the injustices in his life that he has been dealing since time he couldn't even remember. He was again reminded harshly of all his so called 'Best Friends' and their betrayal, the moment where he saw Sirius falling through the veil, all the people he truly loved him were used against him or used him. He couldn't let that happen again. He has to fight this war alone.

"I can't go and make friends, I have to stay away from them or I will lose them again."Harry muttered to himself. I better get down to my business, enough of loitering around." Harry muttered and got up he staggered to the end of the Forbidden Forest and changed. His animagus form was a snow-white Eagle with jet black strips along the tip of his wings. He spread out his wings and flew towards Hogsmead. When he reached the outskirts, he entered the shrieking shack and changed and then, from there, he apparated outside the shack.

The shack was in a wrecked state. The walls have worn out, every window have fallen out. The door was unhinged and only standing with a small support. The forest outside was covering the shack such that it is impossible to plot the house if you actually don't know that the place exists. Harry stood there for several minutes trying to assess the fact that such a reputed family was reduced to a mere beggar like state. He entered the house slowly and carefully, touching each place with his wand and nothing with his bare hand. There were only two rooms in the house and a big hall in the middle. He looked around carefully. He saw that there was a table at the corner of the hall. Harry approached the table. He saw that there were lots of paper and artefacts lying on the table.

"Why will there be artefacts lying on the table of a broken shack?"

He started going through each thing carefully. There were lots of valuable items which were of high importance in the wizarding history. Harry was fascinated by them. Momentarily he forgot what he actually came to find here. Suddenly something shining caught his eyes. He looked closely at the object and was overjoyed to find the Gaunt's ring lying there. He went to reach out for it but thought better of it. He touched it with his wand instead. As soon as the wand touched the ring, his wand flew out of his hand with a sudden extensive jerk. The sudden backward force caused his hand to move in an awkward angle causing his shoulder to sprain quite painfully. Harry was startled by the sudden incident and pain at the same time. He had to take a few minutes to gain his bearings back. He looked around after retrieving his wand from the floor. Harry noticed a piece of cloth lying in the corner. After thinking for some more minutes, he went and picked up the cloth from the ground. With the help of the cloth he reached out for the ring tentatively. When nothing happened, he carefully wrapped the cloth around the ring, being careful as to not touch it with bare skin. After wrapping he pocketed it and after looking around a few more times he apparated away from there.