A Collaboration

"So, Lily Evans is actually a pureblood?" Sirius asked still wide eyed.

"How did Potter come to know about it even before she knew herself?" Remus asked next.

"Did she just hug me?" James said at last. The other three boys looked at him and burst out laughing.

"Yeah, after she started dating Snape." Sirius said between laughs.

"That's okay. At least she hugged me, right?" James piped up.

"Congratulations on your high achievement. I bet Potter was the one who told her about your crush." Remus said shaking his head.

"He seems to keep every detail about us and everybody related to us. I sometimes wonder if he is a legillimens." Sirius said smiling wryly.

"It's nothing impossible for him. Trust me; I've seen his skills today. He was not even using his full potential but was enough to send some of the mediocre students like us to hospital wing for a week. He's very skilled and powerful." Peter said smiling fondly.

"Damn, I can't even muster the anger against Snivellus for stealing Lily from me. This guy seems to be changing every one of us without even trying. It's okay though. I'm smart and handsome enough to find some other beautiful girl at Hogwarts. Right Sirius," James said smirking.

"Yeah, you're right. But what about me, my crush never notices me though I'm always with him." Sirius whined.

"What? You've a crush on a boy and you've never told me?" James said crossing his arms on his chest and pouting. Remus on the other hand looked dejected.

"Who's it Sirius?" Remus asked with a fake smile. But Peter had already noticed the change in Remus' demeanour.

"How can you be so intelligent and foolish at the same time Remus?" Sirius asked smiling sadly. He was sure that he didn't like him back.

"What do you mean?" Remus asked carefully. His heart was pounding in his chest.

"Isn't it obvious that I like you?" Sirius said looking at the floor. As such he didn't see the shocked face of Remus. When he didn't reply for some time, Sirius thought the worst. "It's okay, if you don't like me back. You're probably straight. Anyway, good night guys." Sirius said not looking up from the floor. This broke Remus from his own shock.

"Sirius, wait. You duffer, first listen then come to conclusion. You're rather poor at drawing any conclusions from anything so don't even try." Remus said before stepping closer towards Sirius. He hugged him from his back tightly. "Of course I like you back, Padfoot. Who else can entertain me like the way you can? Who else can irritate me to no end but still fail to make me angry? Who else can make me feel the best even in the worst situation? You're one of a kind, Padfoot and for me you're the best." Remus said smiling widely although there were tears in his eyes.

Sirius turned around to face Remus. He also had tears in his eyes. "And, for me no one is better than you. You're my sanity in this insane world. Without you, I'm nothing but with you by my side I've got everything I've ever wanted in life. I love you, Moony. Forever and eternity will still be inadequate to prove my love for you." Sirius said with his own teary smile. Love was shining in both their eyes.

"I love you too, Padfoot. You complete me. Without you I'll always remain empty. You are the most precious thing I've ever had. Thank you for making my life so beautiful. I cannot promise you stars and moon, but I promise you to give you all my love and trust till my last breath." Remus said while hugging Sirius with all his might.

"And that's all I ask from you Remus. You don't need anything more to make me happy." Sirius said while hugging back with the same passion. James and Peter had tears in their eyes. Suddenly, the whole common room burst out with the sound of clapping. The Marauders looked around to see that every member of the Gryffindor were present in the common room. They were all cheering loudly at the newly formed couple. That night there was an unexpected and unplanned party for the most unusual couple of Hogwarts.