Triggered Thoughts

The Marauders, who were sitting not too far away from the bathroom, could hear the loud voice of Lucius Malfoy, and him calling Harry's name. On concentrating on the direction of the voice, they too could hear the very faint sound of Harry's sobs. They glanced at each other, before getting up and jogging towards the bathroom at once. They saw Lucius Malfoy standing near the door and banging on it with The Marauders, who were sitting not too far away from the bathroom, could hear the loud voice of his fist. He had a deep frown on his face, and his lips were curled down in a sad way.

As they came near to the bathroom door, they could hear the sniffing sound from inside. Lucius looked up at them, with a calculating look and looked away without saying anything.

The group raised their eyebrows at the unusual reaction of the blonde boy. He would always sneer or scowl at their single sight. But today, he didn't even bother to say a word to them. What did change so much over the vacation that made him change so drastically?

"What's wrong with Potter?" Sirius asked with his normal rough tone; but was being a bit careful.

Lucius looked up again. "I don't know. He won't tell me." Lucius said in an equal rough but low tone. Lucius decided to be less rude to them as Harry seemed to be fond of the group. He didn't want to upset Harry even more.

James and Sirius eyed the boy in front of them, but Remus had a knowing look. He knew exactly what happened. Remus grabbed the hands of both James and Sirius and pulled them out of there. Peter trailed after them obliviously.

"I know what is wrong with him." Remus said as he sat down on the seat.

"You know?" James asked him with a confused look.

Remus nodded with a slight smile. "Yeah, I had a...light argument with him while I was returning from the bathroom. I tried to stop and convince him to come and talk with us, but he...tried to be rude with me. That is what must have made him upset." Remus said pursing his lips.

James had a confused look on his face. "Why would he be upset for trying to be rude with you?" he asked frowning.

Remus rolled his eyes. "Really James; and you call yourself a Marauder? Can't you see that the boy cares for us? He doesn't want to be rude with us!" Remus said incredulously.

"That's right; I don't know why but he does care for us." Sirius said in a serious tone.

After fifteen to twenty minutes, they heard the voice of Harry.

"I told you to leave me alone! Look, I want to be left alone for a minute, please. By the way, could you please call Regulus for me? I want to talk to him; alone." Harry' voice said.

They had to strain their ears to hear the last part. But they instantly grew curious about what he might have got to talk to Sirius' brother about; that too in private. They glanced at each other, but decided to leave the matter alone for a while.

The Marauders were sitting in the Astronomy Tower. It was a bright and sunny day, and moreover, it was a Sunday. They had given in to their usual habit of sitting in the sunlight and enjoying the warmth.

"The days are getting weird by the passing time. But this sunlight never changes." James said smiling and closing his eyes.

"Yeah, this feels so—Remus!" Sirius exclaimed.

"The sunlight feels like Remus to you?" James asked bewildered. "How do you even know how he feels?" he asked again, his eyes growing wide.

"Shut up, James." Remus snapped, his cheeks growing red.