Not All Hospital Nurses Are Nice [2]

*Chapter 2: Not All Hospital Nurses Are Nice*

I stalked through the hospital doors, my eyes landing on Linda, the receptionist. She was on the phone but as she saw me approach and stop in front of her desk, she gave me a smile and ended the call.

"Hey! I thought you weren't coming until tomorrow," she said as she began to take some medical papers and place them in folders.

I shrugged in response. "I figured I'd visit today before he goes in, just in case they don't let anyone go in tomorrow," I told her.

She smiled at me. "I hadn't even thought about that but that's true. Anyways, they're doing an MRI on him at the moment so he should be out in a few. You can relax in a chair and when he's out, I'll let you know."

"Okay, thanks," I told her as I walked over to one of the chairs in the waiting room.

I sighed, slumping down in the seat. Thankfully, this hospital thought about all the people that were already in a depressed state and had to sit on these chairs and got comfy chairs instead of those hard, stiff, uncomfortable ones.

I heard a 'ding' noise and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I saw that I had a text from Bridget.

Which one? It read. I looked to see that she had sent me two pictures, each one a different outfit.

The first one was a cute, royal blue sundress. It was paired with sandals and a white cardigan. The second outfit was a tight black skirt that had a beige and light blue striped tank tucked into it. It was matched with a pair of two-inch black heels.

Unsure of which to choose, I texted her back saying, Well, where are you going?

She texted back almost immediately. I could picture Bridget pacing back and forth in her room, he phone in her hand, just waiting for me to reply. A small smile played on my lips at that image.

Jeffrey's and then the movies.

Jeffrey's was a little restaurant in town but it had amazing food and was very popular. I was surprised they didn't expand the restaurant but then again, it was it's small environment that kind of attracted people. It wasn't overly fancy but it wasn't like a junk yard. It was a normal, classy, place.

I'd wear the sundress. I know those heels are going to kill you, plus, Jeffrey's isn't that fancy and at the movies, no one cares what you're wearing. You're in the dark.

I read over my reply before pressing send.

Seconds later, she texted back saying, Thanks :)

I was about to reply when I heard my name being called. "Ally?"

I looked up to see Linda. I stuffed my phone back in my pocket and picked up my purse before jumping out of the seat and over to Linda.

"You can head up. They switched his room. It's level four, number 246," she told me.

I gave her a smile before walking to the elevator and pressing the fourth floor button. When the elevator stopped, I jumped out and quickly found room 246 since it wasn't that far away from where the elevator was.

I touched the handle, slowly pushing it door and then opening it slowly.

I peeked my head in to see Steven laying on his bed, sighing. He looked like he was deep in thought. As I looked again, I noticed a tear on his cheek which made me want to cry as well. No kid should ever go through this pain.

"Steven," I whispered, stepping into the room.

His eyes drifted over to me as he quickly wiped his eyes. "Ally?" he asked.