Talk About Confusing [19]

*Chapter 19: Talk About Confusing*

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Why not?!"

"Because you already won three times!"

"So?" I asked, innocently. "It's not my fault you can't aim a water gun at a target."

Hunter rolled his eyes. "Why don't we go on the Ferris wheel?" he asked.

"Nope. Not until I either play it one more time or you promise we'll come back," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay, we'll come back later. Now, let's go," Hunter said.

I smiled, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Thank you," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Hunter said, hugging me back.

"Ferris wheel?" I asked.

"Sure," he said.

He reached for my hand and I let his fingers fill the gaps in between mine. I smiled at the fact that his fingers were the perfect size and that they filled the gaps perfectly.

We strolled through the carnival until we reached the line for the Ferris Wheel. It wasn't as long as I thought it would've been. We would probably be able to get on the next group.

The people currently on it waited until they were told to before getting off and walking down the exit ramp. Slowly, our line moved forward, filling the now empty seats. Suddenly, Hunter and I climbed onto seat. I watched as the employee closed and locked the tiny gate before pressing a button, sending us upwards.

As soon as we were out of her view, I switched to the seat across from Hunter. Hunter frowned at me.

"Why'd you move?" he asked.

"Well, we need to balance it out. I don't want to have this thing tipping," I said.

"But I want a hug," he said.

I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest as I shook my head. "Sorry, no can do," I told him.

"What if the tickle monster came?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Please, Hunter. Be mature. No one here is afraid of a freaking non-existent monster that tickles you," I said.

Hunter chuckled. "Okay," he said before lunging over the cart and attacking my waist. I let out shrieks which I'm pretty sure gained us some awkward stares from people. They probably thought I was getting kidnapped or being forced into sex.

"Hunter!" I screamed, smacking his hand away as soon as I got the chance. "Now we'll really tip over," I said.

Hunter smirked, sitting back down in his seat. He grabbed my waist and sat me down on his lap.

"At least I'll be with you, right?" he asked, a smile on his lips.

"You're so corny," I said.

"But you love me that way," he cooed, kissing my cheek.

"Gosh, everyone probably thought I was being raped or something," I said, fixing my hair that had become a wild mess.

"At least if you did, it would've been by one sexy beast," he said smirking.

"Nothing can make a beast sexy," I said.

"Except the power of love," Hunter said, gazing off into the distance for dramatic effect.