Dinner And A Movie [17]

*Chapter 17: Dinner And A Movie *

I helped Hunter sit on the couch comfortably, propping his leg up on a pillow and then handing him the remote. I gave him a gentle kiss before I disappeared into the kitchen.

My parents were talking but once they noticed me, they stopped and turned their attention to me. My mom gave me a big smile and reminded me of the cheerleaders at my school, so full of energy and pep. But my mom was probably prettier than them and definitely nicer.

My dad looked the opposite, though. He didn't wear a smile and he just stared at me with this look. If I didn't know him good, I would've ran, thinking he was a murderer. Then, again... I should be running.

But I stayed where I was and eyed my parents. "Listen, if we're having dinner together, you're not interrogating him, okay?" I asked them, whispering so Hunter didn't hear.

My mom's smile turned into a smirk. I gave her a look and she sighed before muttering a "Fine." My dad on the other hand, just smiled and walked away.

I groaned and looked at my mom for help. She rolled her eyes and waved her hand in the air dismissively. "I'll take care of him," she said.

She then walked off to go find my dad while I walked back into the living room.

"I'll be fine," Hunter said as I sat so his head was in my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair, feeling its softness.

"With what?" I asked him.

He rolled his eyes but a small smile was playing on his lips. "With dinner," he said, taking a second to glance at me.

"I know, I just... you don't know my dad," I said.

Hunter chuckled and shook his head at me. "I'll be fine, princess," he said.

I smiled, leaning down and placing my lips on his. He grabbed the back of my neck, pulling me closer. I felt him smile against my lips, making my stomach flutter.

The kiss was soft and gentle, yet I felt so many sparks. But by now, I was used to it. Hunter had that effect on me, I guess.

We pulled away, gasping for breath. But Hunter kept his hold on my neck, pulling me close so he was able to trail soft kisses down my jaw.

"You're amazing, you know that?" he asked me.

I smiled. "Well, actually," I said. "I don't know if you know this, but I won the awesome award in fourth grade. Pretty epic if you ask me."

We both laughed and I felt happy. Happy that I knew who Prince Charming was. Happy that him and Hunter were the same person. Happy that the guys treat Steven well. Happy that Steven's getting better. Happy that Hunter goes back to school next week.

Happy to be me.

***

"So, Hunter, play any sports?" my dad asked him.

I rolled my eyes. They had been asking him questions for the past half hour especially when I told them not to. I mean, even my mom was doing it.

I stabbed a piece of my chicken Parmesan and put it in my mouth. I felt Hunter grip my hand under the table, letting me know it was fine. I squeezed back, his touch calming my body.

"Yeah, I play football," he said. "And not as a sport but I box, at the gym," Hunter added.

My mom nodded before taking another bite of her food. My dad just asked him more questions.

And that's how dinner went. Dad asked questions. Hunter answered. Mom nodded and ate and asked questions whenever she could. I continued eating and trying to contain my anger.