The Frustration Gets To Everyone [12]

*Chapter 12: The Frustration Gets To Everyone *

I pulled away, shocked at what I had just done.

I lifted a finger to my lip, touching it. The kiss had been amazing. Not as good as Hunter's, but I think that's only because Paul's more of a friend to me. But I couldn't tell him that right now. It'd ruin the whole plan.

I thought about it a little while longer, the feeling of the kiss still lingering on in the back of my mind. So far, Hunter and I had kissed, tongue and all. Christian had gave me a quick peck on the cheeks which helped better. After all, Mr. Charming did kiss my cheek, not my lips. Not that I'm complaining. So far, these boys were all experts in the kissing field! Paul and I had just kissed and although it was amazing, it was only to shut him up and there was no tongue involved.

I shuddered at the thought of it. Using tongue with Paul? Mine as well just go make out with one of my best friends! (Which is basically what that would be like.)

I watched as Paul stepped back, his blue eyes gazing into mine.

Then, he did the thing I least expected him to do; he grabbed the back of my neck and crashed his lips to mine again.

I closed my eyes as our lips moved in sync. Then, realizing it was wrong, I placed my hands on his built chest and pushed him away. He looked at me, hurt beginning to take place in his eyes.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry. I- I just can't," I stuttered.

I began to head back towards the cafeteria when he grabbed my wrist, reeling me back towards him. My body spun until I was facing him, our chests pressed together, his hand on my waist. My eyes went wide as I took in what was happening.

Paul leaned down, our noses touching, his heavy breath on my face. Unlike most guys, Paul actually had nice breath. It smelled minty, making me question what he ate at lunch.

"You can't tell me that didn't mean something to you," he said.

I stepped away, his arm falling off of my waist. "But it didn't," I answered softly, my voice barely above a whisper. I watched as his face fell in pain before I retreated towards the cafeteria doors. When I reached them, I faced him one more time to see him staring at me.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry."

That's all I could say before I walked into the cafeteria, where I was forced to toughen up, determined not to let anyone see me cry.

I sat down at the table, plastering a smile on my face. Bridget looked at me for answers but I shook my head at her. She would just have to wait for details.

"Where's Paul?" Brent asked.

"I don't-"

"I'm right here," Paul answered.

I looked up to see him take his spot at the table which was sadly right across from me. After sitting there for a minute and listening to us all talk, Paul suddenly got up, picking up his tray of untouched food as well.

"I'm not hungry anymore," he muttered.

"Yo, bro! Let us have it," Ryan said, taking a bite of his cheeseburger.

"Knock yourselves out," Paul said to them before stalking out of the cafeteria and into the hall I had just disappeared.

Everyone at the table looked at me expectantly. I just shook my head, throwing my trash in the garbage as well before heading outside for some fresh air before class.

***

Pang. Pang. Pang.

I groaned, turning my iPod up louder as I worked on my biology homework.