I'm Not Jealous... Psh! [21]

*Chapter 21: I'm Not Jealous.. Psh!*

I stumbled out of bed and into the shower. I washed my hair and my body before stepping out and pulling on a pair of shorts and a white tank. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before heading out of the bathroom. I grabbed Hunter's sweatshirt, which had now lost all of his scent, and placed it on my bed. But the sweatshirt looked new so I'm guessing yesterday was the first time he'd worn it.

I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and turned it on as I headed out of the bedroom door and down the hall towards Bridget's room to see that it was unoccupied.

I turned back around and walked down the hall before heading down the white, winding, marble staircase. I walked into the kitchen to see Bridget sitting at the kitchen island, a plate of pancakes in front of her. I smiled as I took a seat next to her. Fernando placed my plate of three chocolate chip pancakes (yummy!) in front of me before going back to chopping lettuce which I'm guessing was going to be used for lunch.

"You're up early," I said to Bridget. I was always waking her up in the mornings.

"Well, I got a call," she said.

I looked at her suspiciously. "From who?" I asked.

She opened her mouth to say something but Lexi walked in and began talking.

"Bridget, Josh said he'll be here at three," she said before dismissing herself.

I looked at Bridget and watched as her cheeks colored.

"Aw, I'm so happy for you," I said, hugging her.

Fernando looked up at us. "Just make sure he knows that I own lots of knives," he joked.

We laughed, knowing that Fernando could barely hurt a fly. But speaking of over protective people, my phone rang. I checked the caller ID to see that it was my dad.

I sighed, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Where are you, young lady?" he asked.

"At Bridget's," I said.

"I told you to call last night," he said.

"Sorry," I apologized. "When we got back, I was really tired."

"Ally," he began. "Did you have sex?"

I began choking on my own saliva. When I could breathe again, I took a sip of my apple juice.

"Dad!" I complained.

"What? You said you were tired when you got back and I was just wondering," he said.

"That doesn't mean it has anything to do with that," I replied.

"Well, does it?" he asked.

"NO!" I yelled.

"Okay, well can I talk to one of Bridget's parents?" he asked.

"They're still sleeping, but you can talk to Fernando," I said, handing Fernando my phone. Fernando went on to talk about how I was safe and sound, eating breakfast and the only guy near me was him. After a few minutes, they hung up and I resumed to eating while Bridget laughed at my dad's assumptions of Hunter and I.

My phone started ringing again and I groaned. I pressed the phone to my ear.

"What?" I asked.

"Bad timing?" Hunter asked.

My eyes went wide and I shook my head before realizing he couldn't see me.

"No, I'm sorry. My dad just called and was being annoying so I figured it was him again."