Jess

Loreali and Rory had finally moved out of Emily and Richards pool house and into their own apartment. "It's so....empty!" Rory exclaimed. "I know." Loreali sighed. "All we have is a monkey lamp and some Charlie's Angels plates and.....ok we have lot of STUFF but we have nothing useful. No furniture, no cutlery..." Rory stressed. "It'll be fine babe. Look here's $2 go buy Mummy some coffee otherwise she might stop functioning all together. I'll sort this out. " Lorelai told her daughter. 

Rory walked quickly through Stars Hollow on her search for coffee. She'd already seen  20 year old triplets wearing identical outfits and skipping through the town and a man who from what she'd picked up was called Kirk doing a strange ( and slightly disturbing ) dance at the side of the road and she wondered where on Earth she'd moved to! She arrived at a place called Luke's diner. Luke's diner? That must be Lorealis friend's friend's brother's diner ( as complicated as that was ) Rory decided to go in and see if they served coffee. "Luke would you please listen to me!" A man begged. "Go away Taylor!" The man Rory guessed was Luke said. "Hey you what do you want?" Luke asked. "Me?" Rory said surprised. "No I was talking to the plate of doughnuts.....yes you!" Luke snapped. "Two coffees please." Rory ordered handing Luke her $2. "Luke I'm talking to you!" Taylor sighed. "I'm working Taylor!" Luke spat. "The 24 hour dance Marathon is in TWO DAYS and we still have no one to serve coffee!" "Forget it Taylor I'm not giving out free Coffee." Luke frowned passing Rory two cups of Coffee. Rory was sad that the coffee had been made so quickly as she would have quite liked to listen to the argument. "Young lady I haven't seen you around before." Taylor said to Rory as she turned to leave. "Oh my Mom and I just moved here." Rory explained. "Well I'm Taylor Dosey..." "Pain in the ass to all of Stars Hollow." Luke joked. "Luke! Ignore him. Well it was lovely to meet you..." "Rory." Rory said. "Nice to meet you too." Rory started walking back to her and Lorelai's apartment when she heard someone shout behind her 'hey you!' It was a boy about her age with dark hair, pale skin and a frown tattooed across his lips. "I think you dropped this." He said handing Rory her book which had fallen from her bag. "Thanks, I take a book everywhere I go." Rory smiled realising after she said it how odd that sounded. "Sorry that sounded weird." She apologised. "Don't be sorry." The boy said his frown turning to a small smile. "I do the same." And with that he produced a copy of Charles Dickens from his back pocket. "Oliver twist? Good choice. I've read that a million times." Rory remarked. "So have I. I'm Jess." "I'm Rory." "Well I hope we see each other again soon Rory." "Me too." Rory said. "Bye Dodger."