First kiss

As Rory got off the bus she sighed deeply. She had begged and pleaded her Mum to let her grandparents keep paying for Chilton and eventually her Mum agreed ( Rory had played the Harvard card ) but Rory hadn't considered the bus journey to get to school. It was longer than she thought it would be and she didn't get home until a lot later than she used to. "Rory." A voice said. Rory turned round to see a Korean girl about her age wearing glasses and a rather ugly band uniform. "Your Rory right?' She checked. . "Yeah I'm Rory." Rory smiled. "Great, I'm lane do you remember me? We were best friends in Kindergarten." "Oh my God Lane!" Rory squealed hugging her. "How have you been? It's been forever." "It has!" Lane agreed as they linked arms and starting walking. "Is Mrs.Kim still..." "Terrifying? Yes." Lane laughed. "How's Loreali?" "She's good." "So how come you two moved to Stars Hollow?" Lane asked. "Oh long story." Rory smiled. At that moment Rory noticed Jess walking towards her and ducked behind Lane who looked very confused. "Hey Lane." Jess said. "You know him?" Rory asked once Jess was out of earshot. "Yeah he goes to Stars Hollow High. Why?" "Oh no reason..." "Rory, please don't tell me you have a thing for Jess." Lane said shocked. "Not a thing! We only met once but I just think that he's kind of..." Rory began. "Irresponsible, obnoxious, hated by the whole town." Lane finished for her. "Rory there are so many cute boys in Stars Hollow don't choose Jess. How about Dean?" Lane suggested pointing to a tall boy with brown floppy hair in curtains. "I don't think so. He might be a good match for you though Lane?" "Me, seriously? My mother would have a fit. No, no I'm being set up with a Korean soon-to-be doctor tonight, don't wait up!" Lane joked. 

"How was school?" Loreali asked taking a break from putting together the frustrating IKEA table which she had already cursed six times in the ten minutes she'd been attempting to build it. "It was good. I met up with Lane, you remember from Kindergarten?" "Oh my God Lane! How was she?" "Good I think." "So...is anything happening with you and Tristan?" Loreali asked trying to slip it into the conversation subtly. "No! And it never will he's just annoying." Rory sighed. "Any other boys then?" Loreali asked. "Mom!" Rory said embarrassed. "There is! There is! I knew it! Tell Mommy, you know it kills me not to know these things." "There's no one ok. Now what's it gonna be tonight Al's pancake world again?" "I was thinking of going to Luke's actually." Lorelai smiled a little embarrassed herself. She had a bit of a crush on Luke from the Diner but of course she would never admit that. "Maybe." Rory gulped. She had found out that Jess was Luke's nephew and worked at the diner sometimes and she really didn't feel like embarrassing herself again but she had to agree so that Loreali wasn't suspicious of anything. 

Once sitting at Luke's Diner Jess came to serve Loreali and Rory immediately. He had a strange expression on his face and he wouldn't make eye contact with Rory. "What can I get you?" He asked. "Coffee for me please and a cheese burger with Fries and a donut and a piece of pie and maybe a cookie we'll see how it goes." Loreali ordered showcasing her incredible eating habits. "You want Coffee to?" Loreali asked. "No thanks just a plain burger and fries." Rory ordered. "No coffee? Jump back!"Lorelai gasped. "What?" "Footloose." "Right. I'm just not in the mood for coffee." Rory said her cheeks pink as Jess left to place the order. "You look a little flushed Hon." Loreali pointed out. "I'm fine, just a little warm I think I might have a head ache coming.I'll just step outside quickly." Rory gabbled. "Alright, You want me to come with you?" "No I'm fine." Rory said walking out of the Diner into the fresh, cool air. "You alright?" Jess asked suddenly behind her. "I'm fine." Rory lied her face getting brighter red as she walked faster. "Rory, Rory stop a second." Jess said. "What?" Rory asked. And suddenly he leaned in and kissed her. Rory had nothing to compare it to  but she was pretty sure it was an amazing kiss. "Thank you." Rory smiled and then ran off.