Money, moving and fighting

"Rory!" Lorelai shouted storming into her daughters room. It wasn't very often she got cross with Rory as they were more like friends than mother and daughter but occasionally she did and Loreali had a very fiery temper so it was usually quite a scene. "What?" Rory asked not bothering to look up from her book as she was completely fixated with the storyline. "I found $5000 dollars in my bank account today. Five thousand! I was expecting to find a two digit number since our bills went out a couple of days ago but even before that I didn't have that much in there. I've never had that much money!" Loreali screeched. "That's good though isn't it?" Rory asked finally looking up from her book. "You asked my parents didn't you?" Loreali questioned. "Would that be so bad? They want to help..." "Rory how could you do this! Have you ever gone without food or clothes or books? No! Because I've always worked something out and I would have this time to!" "But I just thought...." "You didn't think! You couldn't have because you'd have known how upset I'd be!" There was a long pause until Rory finally said "Sorry." "It's ok." Loreali sighed. "I didn't think they'd give you that much money I just thought..." "I know honey." Loreali said hugging Rory. "So, dinner at Luke's on Grandma?" "Your going to keep the money?" Rory asked. "I'm going to keep a bit of it, I can't except $5000 but I do need some extra money." "Ok." Rory agreed. 

"Rory!" Jess grinned when he saw her which made Luke burst out laughing. "What's your problem?" Jess snapped. "Nothing." Luke chuckled. "Hi." Rory said. "Hi." Jess replied taking Rory's hand and pulling her outside and kissing her. "Your in a good mood." Rory pointed out. "So? Is that a problem?" Jess asked. "No I like it." Rory smiled. "Good." Jess smiled back stroking the side of Rory's pale face. He didn't know what was happening to him, he felt so happy all the time which, as all of his friends and family could tell you, wasn't really like him. Rory was changing him for the better for sure. "So." Rory said breaking Jess's train of thought. "Why are you so uncharacteristicly happy?" "Am I not allowed it be?" Jess asked kissing my side of Rory's face softly. "Well yes of course you are its just....is anything happening I don't know about?" Rory  asked. "Nope." Jess said continuing to kiss her working his way down to her kneck now. "It's just..." "Rory I'm doing some of my best work here can you please concentrate?" "Sorry." Rory apologised. "If you must know." Jess said eventually stopping kissing Rory. "I've been thinking that since you're going to College next year you'll have to move out of your and Lorelai's flat anyway maybe we could move in together?" "What?' Rory gasped.  "I don't even know which college I'm going to yet and what about you? What college will you go to and...." "Rory calm down! It doesn't matter what college you go to. I'll go wherever you are, I love you. I don't want to go to college anyway I'll just  get a job nearby our apartment." "But we've only been going out a few months Jess! I don't even know that I can rely on you, what about all those times you forgot our dates?" "Forgot that I know you couldn't count on me then but you can now, you can!" Jess shouted. "Ok." Rory said finally. "Ok?' Jess asked. "Ok." Rory smiled kissing him. "I love you so much Rory Gilmore." Jess whispered so quietly that although Jess's face was two inches from Rory's she could only just hear him. "I love you so much Jess Mariano." Rory whispered back at the same volume. 

Breaking the news to Loreali was not going to be easy as she didn't like Jess very much but Rory decided to bite the bullet and just say it. "Mom, I need to speak to you." She said. "What's up kid?" Loreali asked. "Jess and I are going to move into together when I go to college." She admitted nervously. "What?" Loreali gasped. "Rory I just don't think  your ready for this enormous step of living with your boyfriend!" "I am ready I love Jess!" She screamed. "He's your first boyfriend Rory! Your not going to be with him forever..." "Yes I am!" "So you and Jess are going to get married are you?" Loreali asked. "Maybe one day..." "You haven't thought this through Rory! Your too young!" "When you were my age you had a child!" Rory spat. "Yes but that wasn't planned Rory! I don't want you to settle down so young maybe in a couple of years...." "I hate you for ruining this for me!" Rory shouted running outside.