Gilmore, Danes and Mariano

Rory sat up repeatedly checking the clock. It was 3am and she had an early class tomorrow but Jess was still out and she couldn't help but worry. He told her he'd be home by 10, 11 at the latest as he had work at 5:30 tomorrow. At that moment Jess came through the door swaying a little forwards and backwards and sipping on a beer bottle. "Rory!" He slurred. "Wh...wha....what time is it? Sorry I'm late. We had a bit more to drink than planned. I have a very high beer tolerance you know. Most people would be drunk after that many beers but not...not me." "You are drunk you idiot." Rory sighed. "I'm not...hey....hey what are you doing? Why are you taking my clothes off? You wanna do it ri...right now?" He asked stroking her cheek. "No I'm getting you changed into your pyjamas." She told him hitting his hand away. "Hey I can do that baba babay ba-by. Oh my god our flat is so.....blue. Has it always been this blue?" He asked. "Yes Jess our bedroom has always been painted pastel blue." "Woooow. Your so...pretty. But your b-itch! A stupid b-itch!" He shouted. "Why am I bitch?" Rory asked playing along. "You don't care about me you hate me!" He snarled. "You made me propose to you. I didn't wanna propooooose to you I di-it be-ca-se I thought you would leave me for lo... For lo..." And at that moment he threw up. Rory didn't even notice as she was so shocked by what he had just said. "Logan?" She asked. "Mmhhh" Jess agreed getting a towel to try and clear his vomit. "I'll do that." Rory snapped snatching the towel off him. "Awwww why you mad?" He slurred. "I'm not mad, now go to sleep."

The next morning Rory ended up calling in sick for Jess as absolutely nothing could get him up and when Rory tried he  slapped her. When he eventually got up  the first thing he said was sorry. "What for?" Rory asked. "I don't remember last night that well but I know that I acted like a complete idiot, please ignore anything I said." He told her. "Out of curiosity what did I say?" Rory was about to say 'nothing' when she realised that actually that wouldn't help, telling the truth would help in this situation...maybe. "You told me you only proposed so I didn't leave you for Logan." Rory said. She expected Jess to jump in with an excuse or deny it but he just stood their saying nothing. "Is it true?" She asked. "Yes and no." Jess replied vaguely heading for the bathroom cabinet to get an aspirin. "What does that mean?" Rory demanded. "Don't shout my heads killing! Well yeah that is why I did it, to keep you but I actually do want to marry you." Jess explained. "Well maybe I don't want to marry you." Rory said taking off the little silver plated ring Jess had bought her. "Rory, Rory!" Jess called out after her. "What?! Oh just because Logan and I kissed once you think I'm going to leave you for him!" Rory turned round and spat. "You kissed him?" Jess asked. "Well yeah but Jess..." Rory began but Jess had already left.

Rory sat in her and Jess's flat crying. She'd messed up everything and worst of all she had no one to turn to. She loved Yale but she hadn't really made any friends yet partly because she'd spent all her time with Jess and she didn't have any other friends, usually in this situation she'd call Lorelai but she was too ashamed to tell her. She looked through her contact list and saw Lane, she had completely forgotten to call her since they met that time. She decided to call her as she had no one else to talk to and Lane ended up being very understanding as Rory wept on the phone to her. "Wait a sec there's someone at the door." Lane told Rory going to answer it. "Is Zac here? I need to talk to him." Jess said. "Jess what's going on?" Lane asked putting Rory on speakerphone and setting the phone down on the table whilst Jess wasn't looking. "I told Rory whilst I was drunk that the only reason I proposed was to stop her from leaving me for Logan. I mean that was a tiny part of the reason if I'm totally honest but only like 1%, the other 99% is because I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Now I've gone and screwed everything up and she gave me the ring back." Jess said and a tear actually escaped the corner of his eye although he wiped it away very quickly. "I don't know what to do Lane, I love her so much I can't imagine my life without her, I need her." He said his eyes full with tears now. No one had ever seen him like this before. "I think the first step would be talking to her." Lane smiled handing him the phone. "Jess, I heard that and I love you and need you too." Rory wept. "I'm coming to Stars Hollow now."

Rory came to Stars Hollow that night and her and Jess talked about everything and afterwards they had a stronger relationship that ever. Meanwhile at Lorelai's house her and Luke were watching movies and eating junk food ( well Lorelai was whilst Luke told her about how she would end up with some horrible disease ) but both of them were very happy together, it just felt right.