MBK8

I held my hand over my eyes and looked around the track as every one gathered around filling in the benches. I took a deep breath and looked down at my sneakers. I fanned my self from the hot sun I could feel it burning little holes in my skin.

"You focused babe ?" I turned to my side and seen Brianna starching on the floor. I nodded and bent down to touch my toes and twisted my back so it could crack.

"Ease up on your self babe just allow your mind to go blank." I smiled and leaned down and gave her a kiss.

"Good luck." She stood up and ran over to the couch. I took one last deep breath before getting into place. The others came up as well in got in their place. I looked to my left and seen my mom and maria smiling. I weakly smiled and nodded my head. I looked straight ahead. Where's Chresanto? But I had no time to worry about that.

"GO JACOB!" I bit my lip and closed my eyes.

"Ready." My breathing became heavier as it came closer to run.

"Set." I opened my eyes.

"GO!" I took off running. Every one cheered as I was so close to passing the first runner. I did as Brianna told and blocked every thing out.

"GO JAY!" I heard EJ scream.

"Come on babe." I looked to my side and seen Brianna she mouth 'you got this. just block it out' I nodded and picked up my pace before I knew it I was in front of every body. I smiled to my self seeing the finish line on the other side of the track.

"Seems like Jacob August Perez is in first place but maybe not for long because Justice one of the fastest runner is right on his tail."

I took a deep breath as I inched closer that's when I had seen on the side in the empty bleachers Chresanto with his hand in Jose's skirt while sucking on his neck. With out warning since I wasn't paying attention I felt my foot get caught beneath me as my body did a complete 360 braking my ankle. I screamed in agony as my body fell to the hot track. Gasped and cries filled the air. I screamed on the top of my lungs while holding my leg up. The paramedics that were on stand by had rushed to my aid.

"My baby!" My momma cried running over to me. I screamed almost every curse in the book as they buckled me onto the gurney. Chresanto had took a break from sucking jose neck and stood up to see what was happening once he seen me screaming and crying. He had dropped everything and ran towards me but by the time he got to the middle of the field they were all ready carrying me into the ambulance truck.

Hours later My eye fluttered open to see I was in a hospital. I licked my dried lips and tried to move my legs but I felt a sharp pain. I looked down at my leg and see it on two pillows with a white casts. I slapped my forehead and threw my head into the pillow I turned my head and seen a trophy.. A TROPHY!?

"Congratulation!" I jumped and looked to my other side to see EJ, Rayan, Maria,Brianna and My mother. I was confused.

"How, How'd you we win?" Brianna stepped up and sat down beside me.

"Someone had to finish the race and turns out I came out in first place you can say you were my motivation." I smiled and cupped her face and pulled her in for a long passionate kiss. Maybe we were meant to be.

"Ok enough." I pulled away and looked at my mom.

"Mom." I held my arms open she walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I smiled and laid my head into her chest the smell of cherry blossom perfume trickled my nose.

"How do you feel?" I pulled away and looked at my foot. I wiggled it a little and felt very little pain not enough to say I my self was is in pain.

"Alright my foot hurts a little though."

"Well of course it is Jacob." My doctor laughed walking into the room.

"I have a prescription here for you to ease some of the pain but it should only be taken when the pain becomes very unbearable." I nodded.

I held onto EJ and Rayan's shoulder as they held me into the house I didn't have crutches yet because my mother had to pick em up from the Walgreens pharmacy. I lifted my arm from around EJ's shoulder and unlocked the door. I twisted the nob and pushed it open. They walked me into the living room and sat me down on the couch.

"So how'd you slip up Jacob it's not like you to be not focused." I sighed a knew there was no lie I could tell but decided to wing it and see if they believed it.

"I uh seen Santo and that jose boy making out and it caught me by surprise because I didn't know my brother was gay , gay." They stared at me for a second making me nervous but luckily EJ spoke up.

"Yeah that would have caught me by surprise too." Rayan nodded.

"Damn that day they were at the party on each other and got caught in the closet told me that he was gay but I didn't want to assume shit it must have been hard to see that." Yeah you could say that although I wasn't mad I was believe it or not hurt.

"Well I think Ima call it a night and go take a nap." They nodded and left. I looked around and slapped my forehead how was going to go up stairs with no one here. I laid back onto the couch and rested my leg on the arm. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

Meanwhile Chresanto was actually up stairs in our room crying. Why I don't know maybe he felt bad or sorry for me. He stood up and walked down stairs to see me laying on the couch he looked at my foot.

"Mmmm." He whined causing me to open my eyes I sat up and swung my broken foot off the couch onto the floor followed by my other foot.

"What." I asked rudely although I was up set it was still my job to take care of my brother.

He pulled up his white board. Man I haven't seen that ever since he leaned sign language. He walked over to the couch and sat next to me and begun to write.

'Im sorry for the accident with your foot I know you usually take care of me but it's my turn to take care of you even if you think I'm disgusting I promise I wont try anything on you. You have my word bro plus I think I might have moved on from that night we you know did it.' I looked at the board rereading what he wrote over and over again the whole thing bothered me but I just put a fake smile on my face.

"That's good and yeah until my foot gets better I have a feeling Ima need your help." His face brighten up a little when I said that.

"So tell me the reason behind your tattoo of my name I mean I understand moms but why mine?" I questioned trying to changed the subject. He shrugged and looked at the tattoo.

'Because I love you bro and I owe you for all the help you offered to me so I figured by getting your name permanently on me would show you I'm really thankful and love you for everything.'

"I love you to bro." I pulled him into a hug resting my chin on his shoulder. Maybe we can put that night behind us and act like nothing ever happen.

Then again I can't because I literally broke my ankle because I wad more focused on what my brother was doing with his boyfriend then on the race.