A Challenger Approaches!!

Shadow woke up to the screeching of his alarm clock. His ear twitched in irritation as he sat up and stretched before turning the blaring clock off. Slowly getting up and looking in the mirror as he straightens and grooms his quills. His tail wags once he finishes with that and he moves on to getting dressed, grabbing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

(A/N: i forgot to mention that they wear clothes, if you want details about the outfits they wear, plz let me know so i can do so.)

The grumpy hedgehog then makes some strong coffee, eggs, bacon and some leftover salad from the nice restaurant down the road. After finishing breakfast, he heads back upstairs to get the rest of the way ready by brushing his teeth and then heading out to his job. A few months back he quit his job at GUN to do something a little less stressful, so he settled with a nice job helping people who need someone there 24/7. That's right, he's a "service person", normally taking jobs for people who are physically impaired. Today he's going to start working for a visually impaired, or to put it bluntly, entirely blind male.

Shadow has no idea who this person is yet. All he knows is their address and that he's going to be "living" there from here on out unless he gets relocated... Again. In every other job he's taken, they've all had him replaced due to the reputation he had of being violent, rude and just a general ass-hat.

Today was going to be different, this time he'll be as friendly as he can be. Even if that means he loses some of his dignity to some old fart.

He makes his way down to a car he had to buy for the job so he could take his employers places instead of a bike. The edge-lord starts the car and begins to drive towards his destiny.

He arrives about 30 minutes later at the house he will be living at. As he gets out of the car, he notices how nice the place is. Shadow then grabs his keys and walks up to the door and knocks gently as to not startle his new boss.

Around five seconds of silence... he goes to knock again only for it to be opened by Knuckles. "Knuckles why are you here? Unless... do i have the wrong house? I swear this is the right address."

"Wait, Shadow, you work as a service person?"

"Yeah, why are you here?"

"I called the adjacency"

"Are you the one i-"

"No, the one you're looking for is inside." *knuckles then steps out of the way allowing the dark one to enter and take off his shoes.

"So... who am i taking care of?"

"Just... Follow me."

Shadow nods, tailing the red one into the living room, where he got a good look at his patient. Sonic.

Shadow is slack jawed.

"Sonic, your caretaker is here, and i think you know him" Knuckles spoke up with a slight chuckle.

Sonic didn't respond, he just made an upset face and put his head in his hands with a soft defeated sigh. Shadow cringed a bit as he got a good look at the blind one's head, it had a horrendous scar from the crash.

"Sonic, what... uhmmmm... i'm kinda... confused here. What happened?" Shadow was curious, and concerned, mostly curious tho.

"OH DEAR CHAOS! YOU'RE THE ONE TAKING CARE OF ME?! HELL NO!" The hero practically screeched his sentence. Shadow was forced to cover his ears, as well as Knuckles.

(AYYYYYY i'm back. A lot has happened since the last update, one of the main things is that we went to Germany, we just got back on the 15th of June. so i'm still slightly jet lagged. Anyhoozles, i'm glad to be back and in the ring again. I had no more ideas for this chapter so i will pick up on the next one.)