Chapter 7

Before I knew it, I fell in love.

~Your POV~
The next day, I simply tried to ignore Natsu and Lucy. But since they were in the same room as me, it proved to be quite difficult.

Not a single moment passed hat I didn't see either one of them.

When we were called out for breakfast, I sat at the corner of the table, making sure to sit far away from Natsu and Lucy.

We had to go shopping for food, because someone ate it all, and of course, I was forced to go with Natsu and Lucy. Hooray.

"What should we get, Nat- Natsu?" Lucy asked, but cut herself off when she realised Natsu wasn't there.

"Let's just get his favourites." I said. "He probably went off to eat."

"But I don't know what his favourites are." Lucy said sadly.

I pointed a finger at myself and smirked.

"But I do, I grew up with the guy." I said and walked over to a meat stall.

"3 kg of steak, 2 kg of pork and 2 kg of bacon, please." I said to the butcher.

"Coming right up!" He said happily.

Lucy stared at me.

"So... just a bunch of meat?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Nope, there's more. Tons more." I said. I could see her shiver at the thought.

The butcher handed me the meat and I walked over to the noodle stall.

I grabbed spicy ramen, and lots of it. A bit of udon too.

I started to go around the market, grabbing things that Natsu liked.

Stuff like eggs, spices and chilli, tempura, mushrooms, vegetables and a few fruits.

I ended up with two huge bags of food. Lucy stared in awe as I carried them, struggling slightly.

I saw salmon-pink and black, before the weight on my left arm was gone. I looked up and saw Natsu standing there, a grin on his face.

"Sorry I left, I went to go buy something important." He explained.

"Food?" I guessed. He shook his head, which surprised me.

"It's a secret." He said and walked off, one of the bad in his hands.

I smiled and followed, Lucy trailing behind.

I almost forgot about all my problems in that one moment, until I saw Lucy run in front of me and chase up to Natsu, talking to him about random things.

I sighed and shook my head. He never even thanked me for going shopping, even though I did everything.

'Great, now I sound like a selfish jerk.'

I slowly walked back to the man's home, alone.

~Time skip~
After a gruesome day of trying to avoid my 'roommates' — which proved to be an almost impossible challenge, and thank Mavis I lasted, it was finally nighttime.

I stepped out of the house and breathed in the cold yet fresh night air.

I looked around and felt my ears twitch as I picked up a slight rustle in the bushes.

I looked at Natsu and he nodded, getting the same idea I had. We both ran forward quietly, acting like ninjas.

I pointed towards a small clearing, and everyone followed me.

I ran in and came face to face with a foot. A giant foot.

I looked up to see the monster standing there, it's claws and fangs sharp, reading to pounce.

It looked at me and lunged at me, I barely managed to dodge in time. I let out a small shriek as I jumped out the monster's way.

"Fire dragon iron fist!" I heard and a fist covered in flames was sent flying towards the monster.

The monster flung one of its many, many hands and blocked the attack, sending Natsu flying towards a nearby rock.

"Natsu!" I called out.

He raised a thumb up, signalling he was fine.

I nodded and turned towards the monster.

"Water dragon roar!" I yelled and a spiral of water came flying out my mouth.

It managed to hit the monster and it stumbled back a bit.

"Fire dragon roar!" Natsu yelled after realising that the monster was vulnerable when it comes to breath attacks.

The monster was flailing its arms around, trying to put out the small flames scattered around its body.

"Let me help 'ya there, buddy. Water dragon roar!" I released my second breath attack, putting out the flames but sending him back.

Erza requipped into her lighting empress armour and Gray got his spell for ice arrows ready.

Lucy summoned Aquarius from a small puddle of water my roar left behind, which earned her a lecture from the celestial spirit about how she didn't appreciate getting summoned from a puddle on the ground.

Everyone launched their best attack and the monster fell down, defeated.

Or so everyone thought.

While we were all celebrating and congratulating each other on how well we commenced our attacks, we didn't notice the monster slowly get up, until we felt a dark shadow cover  us.

Lucy looked up and pointed a finger, warning us with a shaky, "Guys..."

We all looked up and saw the monster looming over us, giving us the most menacing glare I had ever seen.

I slowly lifted up its claw and prepared to swing at the two people standing closest to it.

The bad thing was, one of them was me, and the other was Lucy.

I tried to run, but my feet were frozen in fear. Never in my life had I felt so vulnerable and defenceless during battle before. The feeling was new to me and I was petrified.

Lucy looked like she couldn't move either. But I wouldn't blame her, she was a new member to the guild and hadn't gone on a job this difficult before.

Erza, Gray, and Natsu tried to reach us, but Natsu was the only one close enough to get to us in time. Erza and Gray were far behind, and Happy was already flying back to the village to look out due to Erza telling him to do so.

Natsu ran as fast as he could, but it was obvious to us all that he only had time to save one, me or Lucy.

I closed my eyes tightly to brace myself and felt the monster's arm swing me backward and I flew into the ground.

My clothes were tattered, barely holding up to cover my private parts.

I struggled to breath and see, but I could make out something in the distance. Something I really didn't like to see.
___________________________
Words: 1080

Me: Get ready for the feels in the next chapter. Get your tissue boxes and blankets, because it's gonna be rough.

BYE!!!