Chapter 30

I'm not even gonna bother explaining myself welp- My writing got better though I think-

~Natsu's POV~
"Y/N? Y/N!" I call out.

The cave is void of life excluding me. Y/N is nowhere to be found, and the bag I'd brought was zipped open, it's contents messily spilled onto the floor.

I peer over the edge, distantly realising that the sky had turned a dark shade of blood red, which had already signaled me that something was amiss.

That something seemed to have something to do with the fact that my girlfriend was gone.

"Y/N?!"

I keep yelling, but there's never a response. It's futile, I know, but my worry overrides my logic and I'm panicking before I know it.

My eyes hone in on the small houses in the distance, and it isn't long before I notice the speck of black.

A moving speck. That is suspiciously human shaped.

I gasp and jump from the ledge. I scale down the mountain as fast I can, using my magic to help in any way possible.

I get to the ground in no time, and immediately start sprinting to where I think Y/N is.

Please, be okay.

'I love you.'

•••

~Erza's POV~

It's been days. Natsu and Y/N haven't returned, and Happy has been worried sick. Almost literally.

Master sent us to go look for them, as the mission did have a rather hefty reward. He suspected that it was dangerous so of course, the whole of Team Natsu came along.

It is silent in our section of the train apart from the chit-chat of other passengers and the sound of the train wheels moving along the tracks.

Beside me, Lucy is cradling a sleeping Happy in her arms, the poor exceed was completely drained of energy after days of unrest. Gray is fiddling with his necklace, and Wendy is brushing Carla's hair as a distraction while she stares off into space.

All of us are worried, and understandably so. I sigh and turn my head,  instead focusing on the trees passing by the window.

I really hope they're okay.

•••

~Your POV~

It's dark. Very dark.

I have no idea where I am, or what is happening. But I'm moving. I hear my own footsteps, I can feel myself moving forward but I'm not controlling it.

I'm just... here. It's strange, being conscious but not in control.

I hate it.

It's quiet apart from the sound of gravel and dirt crunching under my shoes, and the wind howling in my ear - much louder than usual. Is my hearing heightened? But why?

The last I remember seeing is fire. A lot of fire.

It came from a mountain, gradually lowering down onto the ground. Other than that, my memory is fuzzy.

Out of nowhere, my hands feel something. It's as if I'm grabbing onto something, but I can't even see my hands. I don't see anything.

A burst of strength shoots through my arm as it grips on tight to whatever I'm holding and pulls hard, yanking whatever it was out of its place and throwing it onto the ground behind me.

It sounds specifically like wood hitting the dirt.

A door?

It sounds like it, as my dirt footsteps soon turn into thuds on what I assume is a wooden ground.

I also assume I'm running my fingers along the walls of the village hut, I can feel the rough wood and the cracks littering it from age.

I feel a force in my foot and I'm assuming I'm lifting it, or something is. The next thing I know, I'm kicking something harder than I ever have, and a large boom resonates in the empty, desolate area as the wooden wall I was just touching collapses under the force.

'Couldn't I have just gone through the open doorway?!'

I hear my own thoughts echo in the silence, but whoever — or whatever — is in control of my body doesn't.

And is it just me, or is it getting hotter in here?

Words: 680

It's been a rough couple of months. Quarantine hasn't been easy, school sucks, and I've just got a lot on my plate. I can't even describe how sorry I am that I haven't been working on this. Because the truth is, I haven't done a single thing.

I don't have a excuse, just that I'm smothered by so many other things. And I've basically dropped out of the Fairy Tail fandom at this point, since the anime ended writing for it hasn't been the same and I hate saying it because I still love the show, it's just... I've moved on, I guess.

I'm gonna finish this book, it's been my promise to myself that no matter what happens this story will be completed. No arguments. I'm not gonna discontinue it, and I'm gonna try my best, but I make no promises on updates.

Thank you all for being patient with me. And again, I'm sorry.

Butttt if, and only if you want to see more of my stuff (because Wattpad is dead to me) that's BNHA related, if you happen to like that, you can go to my Ao3! @/Natsudon
I write mostly platonic BakuDeku and a few dumb little snippets of things, but I'm definitely more active there.

And one more time, I'm sorry, thank you all, have a great day/night.

BYE!!!