Chapter 19

And I still do.

~Y/N's POV~
"Natsu! Happy and I are leaving to the guild first, come when you're ready!" I called out to my boyfriend, hearing an 'okay' back.

"Y/N, are you sure you're ready to head to the guild? Some people might question you." Happy asked. His eyes and voice held concern for me. I sighed.

"I would have to be." And we stepped out the door.

I opened the big brown doors to the guild and room a deep breath. Everyone looked to me, and one by one, their smiles turned to questioning stares.

"Y/N, why did Natsu and Lucy break up?!" Mira yelled.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as she marched towards me.

"Mira, keep calm." Erza commanded, but Mira paid no mind.

"Explain!" Mira growled.

I looked down, my head low and refusing to look at anyone, anything, but the floor.

"I didn't do anything." I muttered, but that just made Mira madder.

"Lies!" "Mira, calm down! I'm sure there's a logical explanation for this!" Lisanna yelled.

Mira took a deep breath and smiled softly.

"Sorry. But I do think you have some explaining to do. Where's Natsu?" She asked.

"He's on his way, Happy and I left early." I replied. Mira nodded and set up the stage. Lucy looked at me and smiled.

"Thanks for taking care of him. I was so scared I'd have turned him into a wreck." Lucy sighed in relief.

I scratched the back of my neck sheepishly.

"He got over you pretty quick. He's even dating someone else now." I whispered. I blinked once, twice, then my eyes widened.

"I-Uh, I said nothing!" I said.

Lucy was in shock. "Who?! You have to tell me! I wanna know!" Lucy whined.

I sighed.

"Fine, but don't tell anyone. Natsu's dating... me." I murmured softly.

Lucy gasped.

"Really?! I-mmph!" I clamped my hand over her mouth. "Not so loud, people might hear!" I complained.

I took my hand off her mouth and she giggled, apologising.

"But still, I never thought you two would have gotten together!" Lucy whisper-yelled.

"What happened between you two?" She asked.

"Well, I-" I was cut off by Natsu opening the door and being dragged away by Mira.

I sighed.

"Sorry Lucy, but I think you're gonna have to wait. Natsu and I will explain everything... I think." I got up from my seat and trudged over to Mira and Natsu, Happy flying over to Lucy.

"Alright, let's get this over with." I muttered.

Mira went on stage and said, "Everyone, Natsu and Y/N are going to explain everything regarding Natsu and Lucy's breakup, so please keep calm and stay quiet."

Natsu held my hand and gripped it tightly.

"Don't worry, I'll be right here beside you. It doesn't matter if anyone turns on you." He smiled at me, my heart warming at the sight.

"Yeah, ok." I whispered, barely audible but understandable to dragon hearing.

Natsu and I walked on stage, everyone eyeing us keenly. I started to shake with everyones eyes on me, my heart was slamming against my chest.

Then the fear struck me.

The fear that no one would understand, and they would hate me forever. My palms started to sweat, my head pounding slightly as my world spun around me.

I felt like I was going to pass out, but I felt a strong and firm, yet gentle touch on my hand.

That was enough to set me straight. I cleared my throat.

"So, uhm, basically, Natsu and Lucy broke up a while ago, as all of you should know by now." I tried my best not to stutter, but I could feel my voice quiver.

Natsu had also seemed to notice, so he took over.

"Lucy and I realised we didn't really love each other anymore, so we broke it off. I then turned to the one person who's been there for me this entire time. I even asked her to be my girlfriend a few days ago."

Almost everyones eyes zoned in on our interlocked hands, my hand squeezing his tighter at the realisation.

A few passed it off as friends comforting friends, but some gasped.

The ones who gasped noticed our fingers were connected, holding hands like a real couple would.

Mira stood up from her seat, her hands slamming against the table as she did.

"You two are dating?!" She exclaimed before wobbling and falling backwards, Lisanna and Elfman catching her.

There was an almost deadly silence, the tension was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

"Wow! That's amazing, guys!"

"I can't believe it!"

"I'm so happy for you!"

Hoots and hollers erupted from the guild.

Claps, alcohol, partying, singing, cheers, and congratulating comments filled the air, ringing through the night.

Before I knew it, 95% of the guild was drunk.

Including me.

~Natsu's POV~
I stared at the girl stumbling around in front of me.

She had a dazed look in her eyes, and her cheeks were tinted pink from the immense amount of alcohol she consumed.

"N-Nazu, c-carry me to t-the bathro-om." She said, hiccuping practically the whole way through.

I sighed.

"I would, but I think I'll just take you home instead." I picked her up and slung her over my shoulder before she had the chance to protest.

She flailed her arms and legs around, and I just swatted them away with my hand, my other hand securing her and making sure she didn't fall off of me.

I held on to my drunk girlfriend tightly and smiled lightly.

'She's so cute.'

I carried her all the way back to her house, her complaining the whole way there. She almost started crying when we got into her house.

I quickly kissed her forehead and she calmed down immediately, almost as if the kiss was magical.

She hiccuped and fell sideways onto her bed. I didn't bother changing her clothes for her, she would just beat me up in the morning.

So, I just left her in her clothes — which luckily weren't that dirty, and tucked her into bed.

I slid into bed with her, wrapping my arms around her waist to make sure she didn't try to run away in the middle of the night.

She smiled and snuggled into my chest, which made me smile and blush like an idiot.

My heart was pounding as she leaned on me, but I didn't care. It felt kinda nice.

I pecked her on the cheek and we fell into a deep sleep.
___________________________
Words: 1100

Me: Whew, this took me a while. I'm just glad I managed to get it done in time.

Y/N: This chapter was full of fluff and PDA. Wow.

Natsu: I mean, it's not that bad. It's not like we hide our relationship anyway.

Y/N: True, but still.

BYE!!!