Chapter 17

I thought I got over him after not seeing him for so long...

~Your POV~
"Natsu, can you come up here for a sec?" I called from my room. I heard footsteps and a certain dragon slayer opened my door, a wide smile on his face.

"Yeah, what's up?" He asked, sitting down on my bed.

I looked at him and pointed to the open F/C luggage bag sitting on my bedroom floor.

"I wanted to head back to Fairy Tail and see everyone, and I was wondering if you would come with me?" I asked. He smiled and nodded.

"Of course! I do miss everyone, it's been a while, at least for you." Natsu snickered. I chuckled and punched his arm lightly. I shoved him out of the room and beckoned him to get packing.

After almost 30 minutes of running around and making sure everything was organised and well packed, Natsu and I woke Happy and stepped out the doorway. I locked the door and the windows, before turning to Natsu and Happy, dragging them to the train station.

Happy was ecstatic. He couldn't sit still, he was too excited to see Carla again. Natsu was pretty happy too, at least he would be if he wasn't holding back vomit the whole time. I was clutching my stomach for the first few minutes, but I was able to fall asleep. Of course, I had to knock Natsu out.

~Natsu's POV~
"Natsu, wake up!" I heard a voice scream in my ear. I wasn't even given a chance to register what the person said or who the person even was, because moment I opened my eyes, I was dragged out of the train and dropped on the ground.

I jolted up and saw Y/N leaning over me, her glare burning through my skull.

"We almost got stuck on the train, you bozo!" She complained and lifted me up. I stood on my own two feet and started to head back towards Fairy Tail.

N/N ran up to me and practically jumped on my back. I almost toppled over and had to fling my arms around like an idiot to regain my balance. I shot her a glare and she simply giggled.

I smiled and carried her piggie-back style all the way to the guild. I kept jokingly complaining she was heavy, and she would pout, which made me blush. She was adorable.

When we got to the guild, she jumped off my back and thanked me. She stepped away from the door and gestured me to 'do my thing'.

"With pleasure." Was all I said before kicking the door open. The euphoria I felt when the wind blew past me was great, a whiff of air came barreling into my nose and the smell of food lingered in the air. I had missed this place.

~Your POV~
Everyone took one look at me and Natsu and jumped at us. I had to step back to prevent everyone from trampling me, and Natsu almost got hit by the tables and chairs flying everywhere.

"Y/N! Natsu! You're back!" They all yelled in unison.

'Woah... did they... practice, or something?'

"Hey everyone! I'm back for a visit!" I announced.

"But does that mean you won't stay?" I heard Wendy ask. I looked down at her and gave her a sad look.

"I don't know yet. I'm not sure if I'm ready to stay or not." A few people groaned as I said that, but I waved it off and smiled.

"But that just gives us an excuse to make the most of all the time together we get!" I cheered and everyone answered with a 'yeah'.

"Natsu, why did you leave? We haven't seen you in almost a month." Gray asked, Natsu froze.

"Uhm... well..." He stuttered.

'Oh yeah, they don't know yet.'

I shot a glance at Lucy and she shook her head with a sheepish smile.

'Lucy didn't tell them."

I went over to her, grabbed Lucy's wrist, and dragged her over to Natsu. I grabbed Natsu's wrist and lifted both people' hands up.

"Attention everyone!" Everyone looked at me at the sound of my voice booming across the guild hall.

"Natsu and Lucy have broken up!" I yelled. Silence.

"What?!"

"Nalu broke up?!"

"Mira, are you alright?!"

Sounds of panic and shock emitted from the people. I let go of the ex-couple's hands and sighed.

I walked to a table in the corner and listened to everyone freak out. Natsu and Lucy were being asked question after question, and I wasn't even acknowledged for another 15 minutes. I was starting to get sick of it, so I left for home.

I opened the door to my old home and saw my bed, dresser and other belongings laying there, the same way I left them.

I collapsed on my bed and stared up at my ceiling. I heard my window open, and I spoke, "Hey Natsu."

Natsu landed onto the ground lightly and laid next to me on my bed.

"Hey."

After we exchanged quick greetings, silence fell upon us. Natsu looked over at me, but I didn't respond.

He reached over and with two fingers, made me look at him.

He brushed a few strands of hair out of my face and smiled warmly.

"I'm sorry they ignored you." He apologised, but he didn't know that wasn't the reason I was unresponsive.

I searched his onyx eyes for any sign he may be concerned, worried and what not, but I didn't see anything.

The only emotion I saw lingering in his eyes... was love.

And before I knew it, a pair of chapped lips were on mine and my whole world exploded.

Time seemed to slow, and we seemed to be hovering in space. My lungs were burning from the lack of air, and my chest was being hammered by my frantic heart. Fireworks shot up and into my head, and all I could feel, all I could think of, were his firm lips on my soft ones.

I felt old feelings arise, feelings I don't think I ever stopped feeling.
___________________________
Words: 1020

Me: A nice dramatic chapter for you all, and you finally get Natsu to kiss you! Lucky!

Y/N: *blushes* I mean, he kisses me everyday already so...

Me: *squeals* KAWAII!!

BYE!!!