Chapter 15

He told me she just didn't love him anymore...

~Natsu's POV~
Flashback
I gently closed the door to Lucy's apartment, 'cause it was late at night and I didn't want to wake her or Happy.

I had just got back from a job, and I got quite a bit of money.

But to my surprise, I saw Lucy wide awake, sitting at the table, apparently waiting for me to come home.

"Luce? What are you doing up so late?" I asked.

She seemed nervous about something.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I kept pushing for an answer. I wanted to know if she was alright.

She took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Natsu, I'm breaking up with you."

I almost dropped the bag of jewels I had in my hand right there.

"W-What...?"

"I'm sorry Natsu, it's not you, it's me. It's 100% me. I just don't think I love you anymore." She cried.

I stared at her in shock.

Over a year since we started dating, and now she just 'doesn't love me anymore'?

"Listen Natsu, I'm sorry, I really am, but I just don't feel it anymore."

I looked down and tried to separate my thoughts and keep them where they belonged, but it was difficult under the pressure.

I looked back at Lucy and she was crying. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her, which made her eyes widen.

"Natsu, w-what-"

"Just because you don't love me anymore, doesn't mean we can't still be friends. If you don't love me, then we'll be something that's less then lovers." I said and wiped all her tears away.

She pulled away and smiled brightly.

"Thank you." She muttered and hugged me once more before leading me to her bedroom to pack everything of mine.

We packed in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was more of a comfortable silence, one where no words had to be said.

When we finished, Lucy and I went to bed, sleeping peacefully with all our thoughts temporarily leaving.

The next morning, Lucy handed me the bag of jewels and my luggage before calling Happy to the living room to give him a quick explanation and sent us on our way.

Lucy and I hugged each other once more and Happy and I left her apartment.

Happy and I got back to our old house on the edge of town and I lay on my bed, thinking.

I looked over at my travel bag and grabbed my communication lacrima.

I needed someone to talk to, but I didn't know who.

Erza was on a mission, and I didn't wanna disturb her.

Gray was always giving me advice about Lucy, and I didn't wanna bother him.

Lucy was already off the list. Happy was asleep.

So the only person left who I know for a fact would listen to my problems, was Y/N.

So I called her. I heard her pick up.

I sniffed.

"Y/N, are you there? I just need someone to talk to right now."
Flashback end

~Your POV~
"Coming!" I ran to the door, opening it and giving the person on the other side a small smile.

"Hey Natsu, long time no see." Said boy smiled back and came in, hugging me 'till my bones crushed. Happy flew in after him and flew onto my head.

I felt water droplets on my skin.

Natsu was crying...

I gently pat him on the back as I felt a twinge in my chest.

Happy started to sob gently too and I felt really bad for hurting my friends like that.

"Please, please don't ever leave me again... I can't last..." He whimpered.

Hearing those words, I finally let go. All the tears I held back for more then a year, all came pouring out in that one moment.

"I missed you... so much..." He whispered.

I buried my face into his shoulder and took a small whiff of his scent, which calmed me.

"I missed you too." I gave him a squeeze and led him to the guest room to rest for a while. Happy wiped his tears, jumped off my head, and flew after us.

"You sleep on a hammock too?" He asked.

My face started to heat up and I replied with a simple 'yeah'.

He shrugged it off and smiled before jumping on the hammock in the guest room, Happy laying next to him. He looked around.

"And your walls are salmon-pink." He stated.

I blushed harder and meekly nodded.

He looked down.

"And your flooring is spruce wood planks." He said, and again, I blushed bright red.

He looked me in the eye and smiled. "Nice choice." He laid his head down on the pillow and drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

Happy was lightly snoring and drooling, probably dreaming about fish.

I smiled and went to the kitchen to make them dinner, for it was already quite late at night and I could tell they hadn't eaten. Then again, I hadn't either.

I made Natsu's favourite — spicy ramen, and the minute I placed the bowls on the table, I heard the hammock swish about and air whoosh by me, with two voices yelling, "Ramen!"

I blinked a few times and looked around. I saw Natsu and Happy digging into the food and realised it was them that yelled.

I sighed and sat down opposite of them, and we all caught up with everything that had happened over the course of a year.

It turns out that the whole of Magnolia was sucked into a portal and transported to another dimension known as Edolas, where they had the opposite of almost everyone.

There was an alternate Natsu, Lucy, Mira, Gray, Erza, even me. They also managed to get Lisanna back. Long story short, she didn't die.

Then, not a few months after the whole Edolas fiasco, Natsu and Lucy broke up. They hadn't even announced it before Natsu came over, no one knew about it except Natsu, Lucy, and me.

Turns out, Lucy had stopped loving him and broke up with him just last night. Surprisingly, Natsu got over it pretty quickly. He seemed perfectly fine just yesterday, as if the person he had been dating for over a year didn't just break up with him.

Hmm, strange.
___________________________
Words: 1060

Me: Natsu and Lucy broke up, now Y/N can be with Natsu!

Natsu & Y/N: *sweatdrops*

Lucy: *shrugs* Meh, it was all an act anyway. We just say and do what the script says.

Me: *laughs nervously*

BYE!!!