Chapter 6

Newt's P.O.V~

I woke up before the runners left for the maze, so left the homestead and headed immediatley for Frypan's kitchen where the runners should be. Once I get there I see Minho and Thomas about to leave. I ran over as fast as I could to the two of them. "Hey Min." I start walking towards the doors with them before greeting Tommy. "Tommy, I know I told you yesterday, but if you come out of that maze hurt I will kill you. He just laughs and turns to run after Minho. "I'll be fine. I always am aren't I?" I sigh and push him towards the maze gently. "Just make sure you come back to me in one piece." He salutes mockingly and runs into the maze. Before I can turn around I feel a hand on my shoulder. "You got it bad don't you Newt?" I turn around to see Alby stood there. "Maybe I do." He holds his hands up infront of his face. "Calm down. It was just an observation. I just wanted to point out how easy it is to tell you care for him." I turn around to face him properly. "He's like my other half Alby. I know that sounds cheesy or whatever but I mean he actually acts as my other half. He's that part of me that does the stupid, crazy, reckless things that I want to do. I guess that's one of the things that drew me to him." Alby laughs at me smiling. "Yep. You've got it bad." I just laugh with him before turning to the gardens. "I better head off. Don't want Zart getting mad at me for being late." He waves before heading back to the homestead.

"Nice of you to show up." Zart glares jockingly at me as I get to the gardens. "Sorry I was saying goodbye to Min." He rolls his eyes. "And the Greenie? I saw you talking to him." I froze slightly but started working trying to brush it off. "Like you said. He's a Greenie. I was just telling him to be careful." He nods before getting to work. I picked a mint leaf of the plant beside me and chewed on it as I worked. Partly to give me another thing to try and distract myself with rather than think about how Tommy is almost definatley gonna come back hurt. "You taken a shine to the Greenie or what?" I snap my head up to see Zart looking at me over his section of the garden. "What do you mean?" He rolls his eyes and sits up slightly. "You seem to be spending a lot of time with him for a Greenie. Any reason?" I roll my eyes and continue planting seeds. "Slim it, Zart." He laughs before getting up. "You didn't answer my question." Rolling my eyes I perch on my heels to look at him. "He just feels familiar. That good enough for ya?" He shrugs his shoulders before picking up a bucket. "It'll do. For now." I laugh as he walks off to the deadheads.

A little while after Zart makes his way back to the gardens I remember that Ben hasn't woken up from his coma yet. Meaning that he hasn't attacked Tommy. If Alby can keep a close enough eye on him before she gets here we can save him. "Hey, Zart?" He looks at me from across the field. "Yeah Newt?" Gesturing towards the Homestead I stretch my legs out. "Can I go talk with Alby for like 10 minutes?" He nods quickly. "I mean I can't stop you you're second in command but yeah sure I mean we're nearly done anyway." Pulling out another mint leaf I thank him before walking away from the gardens. When I get to the Homestead Alby looks at me confused. "Everything okay Newt?" I nod quickly before pointing to the second floor. Nodding Alby starts making his way up the stairs. Following him in to Ben's room I close the door before speaking. "I just realised something. You need to keep a close eye on Ben for the next 2 days. The girl'll come up with 2 doses of serum. If we can keep him in here we can keep him alive." Alby nods before looking over at Ben. "Gally'd thank you for that." I move over to Ben's bed where he was moving around in his sleep. "But seriously. Someone needs to be in here at all times. Also when he wakes up he's gonna be saying how he saw Tommy and stuff and how it's his fault." Alby nods quietly. "Call Gally in here. I'll tell him we want someone to keep an eye on him." I nod as I open the door. "Alright. Want me to get him?" He shakes his head. "Nah, he should be finished soon and he usually makes his way over here to see him." Heading out of the Homestead I here the maze doors start to open, so I start making my way over to them.