Imperial Moon - Fresh Start (PART 2)

Saans mein teri saans mili to
mujhe saans ayi
- Saans (Jab Tak Hai Jaan)

(When my breath met with your breath
I was able to breathe)

**

It was a few minutes to seven and Amelia found herself back at Imperial Moon Primary School. Her eyes zeroed in on a sleek, black SUV parked a few feet from the gate because it looked like it belonged in a movie.

At least he was punctual. He stepped out of the car before she approached to open the passenger side door for her. She noticed he was wearing the same clothes as earlier which made her feel better about her black converse, jeans and floral blouse.

"Hey, Amelia" he smiled before kissing her gently on the cheek and Amelia had to suppress the scream of joy building in her chest. Her cheek was on fire and she quickly touched her cheek as he got into the car.

The car smelled so strongly of him, she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply before she realised what she was doing.

They made small talk as he drove them to one of his favourite restaurants. She was quite proud that she was able to keep up conversation with him. She could tell he had a strong character. 

"So, I just realised I don't know your first name" she laughed nervously, "I mean, unless you prefer me calling you Mr Ashcroft all night".

He gave her a strange look and it took her a second to figure out what she'd just said.

"I meant all evening not all night. Never would I-... Not that I wouldn't-.. I just mean-" she rushed to clarify what she meant.

"You're funny" he grinned.

Amelia decided maybe silence was the best option right now.

"My name's Shane by the way" he said as he brought the car to a stop.

The outside of the restaurant looked fancy to say the least. The guests entering and leaving the place were all dressed to the nines in beautiful suits and evening gowns.

A valet approached and Shane got out of the car. Amelia hesitated before following, feeling severely under dressed.

"Alpha" the valet bowed his head slightly at Shane, "It's my honour-"

"That's enough of that" Shane interrupted, putting his hand on the valet's shoulder, "I have company with me" he gestured to Amelia. The valet looked up suddenly, only now noticing Amelia standing on the other side of the car.

"Oh goddess, I didn't-.. I'm so sorry Al- Mr Ashcroft" the look of fear in the young boy's eyes worried Amelia. Who exactly was Shane Ashcroft?

"Don't worry, Tyler. Relax" Shane said but his tone was anything but comforting.

Shane handed him the keys to the car and gestured for Amelia to come around. 

"What was that about?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" he shrugged.

He put his hand at the small of her back and guided her towards the entrance, and she forgot what they were taking about. Heat bloomed where his hand was on her back and Amelia felt a blush creep up her neck.

Again, Amelia hesitated at the entrance to the restaurant.

"Don't you think I'm a bit under dressed for this place?" she asked turning to face him.

"Under dressed?" he repeated with a smile, "If anything, this place isn't worthy enough for your converse to step into"

Her face felt hot and she knew she was blushing.