Taken

I'll fight (fight), fight (fight), fight or be taken out alive
Fight (fight) fight, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide
Standing on the edge, am I better off dead?
How could I forget that I'm better than this
I've come too far to fade tonight
Fight, or be taken out alive

- Icon For Hire  

*This is a stand alone story NOT associated with any of the previous novellas.*

**

Daniella could not sleep at all. She tossed and turned for an hour before giving up.

She read from her phone that it was only quarter past eleven and she decided to message her friend. That usually did the trick.

Ariel was always awake well passed midnight so she knew she could rely on her.

They exchanged messages for half an hour before she slowly started drifting off.

Daniella sat bolt up right. She checked her clock and it was a few minutes to midnight now.

Cursing, she got up to close her curtains that were slightly billowing in the breeze, to cover the bright, full moon that was currently illuminating her room.

A shiver went down her spine unexpectedly and all the hair on her neck and arms stood at attention, and she found herself standing still in confusion. She couldn't explain the feeling that just passed through her and she hoped it was nothing.

She glanced at the glowing numbers on her clock to see 00:00.

Midnight.

A loud banging downstairs startled her and she let out a small scream.

"Nice going, Dani" she mumbled to herself.

The banging started up again and she hesitantly made her way to her door. She glanced at her phone currently on charge on the side of her bed. Should she take it? What's the worst that could happen, she thought to herself.

Her hand touched the doorknob before quickly making a beeline for her phone, slipping it in her pocket. Just in case.

The irony wasn't lost on her that as soon as her parents weren't here, someone decided to bang on her door at the crack of midnight.

Being the clever person she was, she padded over to her parents room to look out their window. There was no way she was opening the front door at this time of night, and her parents had the perfect view of the front porch.

The first thing she saw was a shiny, black SUV parked at the end of the driveway. Her parents owned a silver Toyota and Ariel owned a bright pink Mini Cooper so she knew it definitely wasn't them.

Movement from below her caught her attention and she slowly glanced down. Three people were standing at her front door. The one at the front banged the door again and she was sure she heard a crack.

Her phone pinged in her pocket and all three heads snapped up in her direction. Her eyes widened like a deer in headlights as she stared back down.

The light from the lamps outside caught one of their eyes and it practically glowed as he stared up at her.

Her breath caught in her throat as she realised what he was.

Werewolf.

Her instincts took over as she dashed away from the window. She grabbed a bottle of her mum's expensive looking perfume and threw it on the wooden floor as she ran out the room.

The banging from downstairs was incessant now and she knew it was only a matter of seconds before they broke in.

She ran back to her room and slipped on her trainers before running to her sisters room. She heard glass smash from downstairs before turning on her sisters speakers as high as they could go, blasting out some crazy-named rock band her sister was obsessed with.