Imperial Moon - Fresh Start (PART 3)

With you with me
I'm so complete
I'll never run
I'll never hide
With you right here
I'm safe inside
- The Letter Black

**

Amelia loved riding in Shane's car. He always held her hand as he drove and she especially enjoyed being enveloped in his woodsy scent. He always smelt so good.

She was excited to be spending time with him. She'd seen him every day this week but she still couldn't help but feel giddy.

Soon, they pulled up outside a park. 

"I thought today we could switch it up and have a picnic" Shane said, turning to face her.

"That's perfect" she said and she meant it. A picnic sounded romantic.

Always the gentleman, Shane helped Amelia down from the SUV and proceeded to take her hand. It never failed to make her blush and her hand tingle.

She couldn't shake the feeling that she's known him for years, not just a school week. They got on like a house on fire so quickly and it scared and thrilled her at the same time.

He guided them to an area lightly shaded by some trees. The sound of children laughing and playing could be heard in the distance. She helped him spread the blanket out and set the basket down before joining him on it.

"This was really sweet and thoughtful of you" Amelia said as she rummaged through the basket of fancy looking food, unable to meet his eyes.

"I'd do anything to see that smile on your face" 

Amelia could feel her face lighting up like a Christmas tree and he nudged her playfully.

She pulled out a sandwich and held it up.

"I don't imagine you making this" she laughed, "Salmon and cucumber doesn't seem like your style"

"I must admit, I had my chef prepare the food so whatever's in there is as much a mystery to you as it is to me" he laughed, his cute dimple making an appearance.

They ate and talked for the rest of the evening. The noise of the children gradually died down as the younger ones went home. A few teenagers remained further down but eventually they left too.

Shane and Amelia lay down on the blanket looking up at the stars in a comfortable silence. She wasn't sure what time it was and she didn't care to know. She was just happy to be with him.

"Can I ask you something?" Shane suddenly turned to her. She turned to face him and nodded. 

"Do you believe in soul mates?" his eyes pierced through hers as he waited for her response.

"I never used to but now I'm not so sure" she said quietly.

"How come?" he took her hand in his, rubbing his thumb over her palm absentmindedly.

Amelia took a deep breath, deciding in that moment that she was going to be honest with him about her feelings knowing this could backfire on her at any time.

"I don't know why but when I'm with you it feels... right. Like I'm supposed to be with you. I'm so happy when we're together and when we're apart I can't wait to see you" somehow Amelia found the courage to look in his beautiful, blue eyes as she spoke. "I know we've literally known each other for five days but I feel so at home with you, so at ease with you, it feels like more. I'm scared because... because I think I lov-"

She didn't get a chance to finish because Shane cut her off with a searing kiss.

He pulled back a moment later.