Intruder (PART 1)

*This is a stand alone story NOT associated with any of the previous novellas*

"Show yourself!" Lily yelled into the air.

Something was not right. She could sense something foreign and it made her wolf feel uneasy.

Her clothes were forgotten on the ground as she stood naked as the day she was born, wet with water from the lake. Swimming at midnight under a full moon usually relaxed her but tonight she was on edge.

She surveyed her surroundings, letting her senses guide her. If there was a threat on her territory, she needed to act fast.

The moon created shadows that obscured her vision, so her ears and nose were her guide. All her movements were precise and calculated as she walked further into the woods.

The faintest sounds had her head whipping back and forth as the noises of the woods made it hard for her to isolate the threat.

"Only cowards hide in the shadows" she said, goading whatever or whoever was there into revealing themselves.

[Dad, I think there's a rogue by the lake but I'm not sure. Send a couple patrolmen this way just in case] she mindlinked her father.

She found it odd he didn't respond straight away, seeing as her father was always concerned with her safety.

She tried a few more times before trying her uncle Trevor but there was still no answer.

She stopped suddenly.

Warm air fanned the nape of her neck and her heart rate increased.

How did the intruder get so close to her without her knowing?

"I am no coward" his voice was like velvet caressing her skin.

Before she had time to react, his arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her body flush against his. His stubble tickled her skin as his chin rested on her shoulder, inhaling her scent.

Lily stood frozen. Not in fear but in confusion.

She knew he was her mate but she also knew he was not from this Pack. Which meant he was an intruder and that was punishable by death.

"Who are you? A rogue?" she managed, surprised at how strong her voice came out.

A rogue is a wolf without a Pack. A lone wolf. Someone without loyalties to anyone and anything, which made them dangerous. They were often greedy and selfish, doing anything to benefit themselves. Even if it meant hurting others.

"You can talk about rogue, mate" he said and her heartbeat sped up.

"Last time I checked, I'm not the one trespassing on someone else's land" she said with false bravado.

His grip on her waist tightened and his growl vibrated her back.

"You might want to check again" he growled and goosebumps covered her skin. She chalked it up to the cool breeze hitting her still damp skin and not the man currently holding her.

She stepped out of his hold and surprisingly he let her.

"Who are you?" she asked again before whirling around to face him.

Her mouth formed an o shape as she took in his appearance. He stood tall under the moonlight, just as naked as she was.

Muscular didn't even begin to cover it. He had muscles on top of muscles, that's how big he was. She eyed him from head to toe, ignoring the butterflies forming in her stomach.

His blue eyes shone as they regarded her. He seemed to be doing the same to her as their eyes finally met.

His face was neutral and she got the feeling that was as close to a smile she was going to get from him.

"Alexander" he said after a moment.

He closed the gap between them once again as he buried his face in her neck and wrapped his huge arms around her.

Her heart rate tripled at his close proximity whilst his heartbeat was steady and strong. His calloused hands left a trail of fire everywhere he touched on her back.

"My delicate flower" he whispered against her skin.

She knew she needed to keep a level head but he was making it increasingly difficult to do so and if she was being honest she wasn't really trying hard.

"The next full moon is almost a month away..." he said before lightly kissing her shoulder and neck.

She was too far gone to care about what he was saying. All she could focus on was what his lips were doing, not what they were saying.

She completely missed whatever he said next as she gave in to her primal desire.

She tilted her head further back to give him more access, and stared up at the full moon. She recalled him saying something about the moon but that could wait.

Her hand absentmindedly traced a scar he had on his bicep and she couldn't help but smile at his strength. His biceps were huge.

Her other hand tangled in his hair as he trailed kisses along her jawline.

His lips found hers and her eyes fluttered closed. Her arms wrapped around his neck and her toes curled as he kissed her like his life depended on it. Her body was practically thrumming with excitement as she kissed him back with fervour.

A moment later, he pulled back long enough to look into her eyes. His eyes were pitch black and she knew she was staring into the eyes of his wolf. Into the eyes of danger.

His face was back on her shoulder in a flash and she felt something sharp graze her skin but she didn't stop him. She waited with bated breath for whatever he was going to do next.

He sucked lightly on the junction where her shoulder met her neck and she couldn't stop the moan that escaped her throat.

That will definitely leave a mark.

He repeated the action obviously pleased with the reaction he got from her.

He kissed the spot one last time before plunging his canines into her neck. Her hand gripped his hair in a death grip as she felt her blood start to drip.

She let go of the breath she didn't know she was holding, when his teeth retracted from her flesh.

"Mine"

End of PART 1.

*********************************************************************************************

not edited*

Sunday 26th August 2018

AN- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.4K READS! Even knowing people read the Contents page gasses me so THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
I feel like I get the most ideas when I'm on a hiatus which is cool and somewhat annoying because when it comes down to actually writing them it takes a lot longer. Especially because I've changed how I plan and write the stories now so I might have to go back to my old system. I'm also thinking of changing to first person instead of third person but I keep going back and forth ;/

I'm going to add the songs after the chapter is uploaded because I always end up changing my mind LOL but I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you to the people who voted and added AOS to their reading lists and libraries as well, you guys are awesome and ILYSM :)

P.S- To all my brits, what's going on with this weather LMAO

VOTE COMMENT VOTE COMMENT VOTE COMMENT VOTE COMMENT VOTE COMMENT