Rude (PART 2)

"How are you dealing with all this?"
"Very poorly"
-Creativepromptsforwriting (tumblr)

*

Ben's arms wrapped around Violet, holding her tightly to his chest.

"No" he said, holding her a little tighter. She held on to him for a moment longer before pulling back.

"It's getting dark, Ben. I need to go home" she said, trying to reason with him although she could already see the stubborn glint in his eyes.

"You can stay here" he countered.

"No"

"Why not?"

"Because!" she argued, lamely.

"Because..?" he prompted.

"Because I just met you today!"

He smiled at that, his green eyes sparkling, "So what?"

"What do you mean so what?"

"Doesn't bother me" he said with a shrug.

His nonchalant attitude was starting to grind her gears.

"Well of course it doesn't bother you" something told her he was enjoying winding her up.

She had only met Ben a few hours ago and he already expected her to stay the night with him.

He walked her over to his bed, trying to get her to sit with him but she remained standing.

"You know what I am, right?" he asked, taking her hand in his. "So then you know what you are to me"

She had heard a few things about werewolves and their loves but she didn't know what was fact and what was myth. It never really occurred to her that she would one day see a werewolf in real life, let alone be mated to one.

Two things were widely known about werewolves: they tended to stay together in a Pack, and they hated humans.

At her silence, he explained.

"You are my mate. My soul mate. My one, true love. There is no-one else for me in this world but you" all the playfulness was gone as he regarded her.

Violet could feel her cheeks heating up under his intense gaze.

"Are you sure though" she couldn't help but ask, her insecurity pushing its way to the forefront.

"There is not a doubt in my mind" he said firm with no hesitation. "You approached me at the mall earlier without even seeing my face because something drew you to me" Her hand was tingling everywhere his skin touched hers, "I know you feel it deep down"

He was right but she didn't want to give him the satisfaction. It still didn't change anything.

"What would people think?" she tried again.

"They would think nothing"

"Practically everyone was staring at me when we got here"

"Yes but only because they were curious about my new mate and not for anything else" he said, "no-one would dare say anything to you. I can promise you that"

Violet was still unsure.

He tugged her down so she was straddling him. His beard tickled her as he nuzzled her neck.

"If it makes you feel any better, you aren't the only human here. There are five others; three females and two males" he said but she barely heard him. She was too distracted by the feel of his lips over her pulse as he spoke.