Chapt. 1: Run

{2 years ago}
I have no clue what time it is.
Although I assume it's dawn. The sun is setting after a hard-working day of shining harmless rays at the home we call Earth.
Earth sounds so... earthly.

"Quit daydreaming and keep running. We don't want them to catch up to us..." Violet spoke inside my head. She was my inner wolf. My soul. My everything.
She controlled me at my worst and vice versa.

I took a left turn into an opening through a gap in the forest.
"Run run run. Don't stop" Violet had sewed that phrase into my head.
In order to live I had to run. Faster than any living creature on this earth.

In the opening I found a small cave, so I leapt with all my energy, using every last strength I had left.

When the last ounce of strength I felt leave my body, I collapsed onto the floor, not bothering to shake off the rain droplets on my sliver fur.

I was awoken by the shivers and whistling of the hard wind.

It was winter time.

The time to scavenge on human garbage and their leftovers. Hunting was more difficult because from running into an unfamiliar area, you have no clue where to look for animals as well as where they are hibernating.

The days and nights seem to merge into one another. The morning chirps of the singing birds were no more because of winter.
You would think I was used to this by now since I have been living in the forest since I was a pup. I was never brought up in the human world.
At least I don't think so anyway.

My pack abandoned me when I was young. They told me I was to weak to survive.
So I plan on killing every one of them.

I felt the rumbling of my stomach indicating I was low on food and that I was dehydrated. By then, I had already switched back into my human form. My dirty blonde locks covered my breasts and I could see my porcelain, unwashed skin. I rubbed my eyes as well as rubbing my petite, round face altogether. I was exhausted from running 2 days straight. I can't believe they followed me this far.

I could feel my inner wolf, Violet failing to communicate with me as she was exhausted herself.

Luckily my sense of smell was still working, despite my other senses failing me, and it picked up the smell of a fast food place about 1/2 a mile east. Although my legs fought with me, they began to limp towards the scent.

My legs had bruises, scrapes and open wounds that still weren't healed. Probably because I was too injured internally to make them heal. I dragged my left leg through the dirt ground as I couldn't support it anymore.
Those fucking hunter wolves got me good.

I finally made out a metal fence which hid a tall building with a giant wooden sign shaped as a burger. I could feel the uncontrollable drooling down my chin but ignored it as I tried to find an opening.

I quickly grabbed the end of the fence and discreetly tore it to create an opening. In one swift move, I managed to fit through. I cautiously slid down a small hill that revealed a sparsely populated city. Where I am, I will never know.

As I picked myself up, I could feel the weakness in my legs begin to take a toll on my lower body as if it was about to give way; this then made me feel the sudden urge to run to the nearest garbage I could find, it is when I saw two large dumpsters behind the building. I dragged my body towards them, hoping that no one could see me.

Immediately I hurled myself into one of the dumpsters where I was bombarded with (what seems to be human scraps) treasure. I scurried through the food finding everything that wasn't mouldy and scoffing it down my throat.

Hours past and I was filled. I had never ate so much human food in my life. It was then that I began to feel my eyes slowly shutting, so I hopped out and curled myself into a ball on some cardboard that I found beside the dumpster.

There was a light tapping on my shoulders but I didn't bother opening my eyes to see, it was some wind, I thought. I began to fall back into a deep sleep, so deep I couldn't feel a thing, I was longing for a deep rest.

I opened an eyes to discover burning wood inside an enclosed space where the smoke disappeared through the top. The flames engulfed one another with rage but danced with lust. Flames so beautiful, raw and breathed cosy, hot air into my face. Part of me relaxed but the other was immediately alarmed. This is not where I last was nor is it a familiar place. I jumped out of the blanket that kept me warm and immediately collapsed onto the ground. I looked down to the infectious cuts I had on my legs.
The agonising pain made me scream so loud like a village on fire.

In seconds, a couple rushed  into the room with concern in their eyes.
One spoke softly, "Oh dear! Please lay back down, you will cause yourself more pain."
The voice it came from was a short, slim woman. It was obvious she was in her mid-40's and she smelt of a freshly made sweet apple pie, mixed with rosemary. I knew her intentions were pure and light. I couldn't feel any anger or disgust from her, but feelings of love and compassion.

"I will tend to your wounds if you let me," This time a man spoke. His voice was rough and deep but again, I could only feel pure intentions. However, his scent was awful, he smelt of grease and garbage. I can't judge, I probably smell like that too.

The fear struck in my eyes. I didn't know whether to believe they wanted to help me or kill me. I could feel every ounce of fear in my body; it made me shake.

I felt vulnerable.

Alone.