Chapt. 22: Trapped

I awoke to find heavy, unpleasant chains tied around my arm, legs and neck. A throbbing pain spurted across my head, leaving me dizzy and barely conscious. The chains we so tight I could see my flesh turn blue, starved from oxygen and so I begin smashing them against the wall I was tied up-right too. It was no luck but managing to dent them slightly.

My eyesight made me see two of everything for awhile until I gained some normal sight back. I saw a reflection in some water that had been put out in a dog bowl beside my bare feet. I had been stripped all besides my underwear, I felt belittled and was shaking in fear.

I shuffled the bowl closer to me to see myself. My appearance seemed unrecognisable as my head was submerged in old blood, one of my eyes was swollen, no wonder I can't see straight, with the old bruised. My lip was cut and bleeding so I sucked on it until it stopped. I sobbed to myself, I felt more damaged than I had ever been, my suffering right now reminded me of my suffering when I was a pup. An innocent, runt of the litter.

"You should think about giving up now. I mean, look at the state of you. Runt." I scowled in fury, the recognised voice from all those years ago made my skin crawl like termites eating away at my flesh.

I did not speak.

Footsteps came closer, I heard keys unlocking the door as the figure appeared inside.

"Look at me." He demanded.

"Fuck. You." I spit at him.

Enraged, he grabbed my chin and pushed it up as I came face-to-face to him. 

Pure evil.

"Don't speak to your alpha like that you pathetic worthless runt." His soulless black eyes met with mine.

"I'm glad I found you, I have so many ways of torture for you to endure, daughter." His lips curled into an evil grin.

"Don't call me that, I am nothing to you, you piece of shit, you're dead to me." I snap at him and struggled out of his hand.

His cursive laugh charged up the cell room as he abruptly slammed his hand onto my cheek, causing a harsh, red print. 

I grunt in agony.

"Why are you doing this? I thought the pack were slaughtered." I manage to speak.

"You betrayed me, running away from the pack who protected you. Oh, Nina told you that? Well yes, they are dead, I killed them." He walked over to a table that was covered with weapons.

"The pack did not protect me, quite the opposite and you know that. You're blinded by your lies because you abused me! You sick fuck, you slaughtered the pack? Why?" I fought pack the tears.

"They were worthless to me, so I had to make my own pack of course. Now which one?" He scanned the weapons with his hand.

It clicked that he was the one turning innocent lives.

"It's you? You were turning people into heartless, human-thirsty killers?" 

He ignored me and picked up a crowbar as he imitated hitting the air.

Slowly, he turned to me with the crowbar held against my legs.

"Where is this new pack I heard of? I can't believe you're a leader now. Funny how a small, stupid, self-destructive pup could handle a pack like you." 

"I am not telling you anything." 

With that, he openly swung the crowbar and smashed it against my naked legs.

I screamed as my left leg gave way, leaving me supporting my body on one leg.

"Why do you want to know? They have done nothing to you, it's me you want, now look, you have me." I cry.

"Because, I want to take every thing you love away from you like you did with me." He hit my stomach, I could feel at least two broken ribs.

Please heal, please heal, I whispered to myself.

"I injected wolfsbane so you couldn't heal for awhile. Makes your death more quick." He continues.

"You are the lowest of evil. As for taking away what you loved, I did no such thing, you did that to yourself when mother died, after all she did die because of you." I bared my teeth.

Another hit to the stomach.

Just then, he was about to take another hit when someone called for him upstairs.

He through the crowbar aside and run upstairs.

For a few moments, I let myself breathe until I felt myself slowly closing my eyes. 

Violet roared at me and told me to stay awake, urging me to begin plotting my escape.

I flutter my eyes open slightly, searching for a way. My animal instincts kicked in, which had been awhile.

My last hope was to transform.

As much as I hated to do so, it was my only way to survive.

I encouraged Violet to come out and she so abided. I felt a strong sensation of heat radiating off my body. The growth of nails and hair began appearing throughout my entire body, as my arms began to expand into muscle and hair, it managed to break the chains and also my legs which cracked into getting me onto all fours. I use my claws to break open the chain on my neck as I gasped for air. My nose was now a snout and Violet had now took over. Bruises and blood were still covering me underneath all the hair but nonetheless I still had trouble with the excruciating pain I had endured. 

I lapped up the water out the bowl for strength. My left leg was entirely shattered so I had to rely on my other legs to get me out of here.

Stupidly, he left the cell door open so I immediately rushed out of the cellar and onto the floor where I was met with about four men. They hurled towards me but I took no time to clash into them, breaking their bones with every bite I gave them. My claws helped me tear into their torso's, blood had painted the bleak, prison walls. Light was exposing the floor which meant it was my chance to get out of here.

Before I knew it, I was sprinting towards the glass without anything in my head, joyous moments relieved my head as I thought this was my time to escape from my nightmare past.

Halfway down the corridor, I had gotten bashed into by another wolf, I felt from the rage heating off of them that it was him. We both went tumbling down, clawing and biting each other, saliva and blood coated our furs as we rolled down, breaking into walls and finally, without warning, breaking the glass.

I thought it was an easy escape, how I was so wrong.

There, we went falling to our fate of the inevitable, the fall seemed like something out of a film, approximately a 40ft drop from an unknown building I was held captive in.

It's impossible to say this however, I saw my life flash before my eyes, from the moment I hunted my first bear to leaving the pack, to now- where I could have possibly found the family I was hoping and dreaming of. 

My family I have now were the ones I would die for. They had been the reason I'm still alive, with that I thank them for my life. Maybe's if I died to protect them, then my life wasn't so worthless after all.