Chapt. 9: Sanguis

|Sunday|
|8am|
In the early hours of Sunday, the Mills decided to pack their belongings and head towards Pennsylvania where their coven is. From my acknowledgment, I knew that they were one out of the three leaders in Sanguis coven; meaning blood coven. They're bonded by all being related and only some are allowed entry if they are close friends.

To be left alone again was nerving and I was set to obey the rules that Mary had on me; no parties, no going out after 10pm unless it was important and always keep in touch. I had already asked if Fern and Justin could stay until they came back and she agreed.

For the rest of the day I relaxed, as well as cleaning to house until it hit dawn. There was couple of intriguing knocks at the front door and I knew it was my friends. They came in and we caught up with each other. Justin ordered some pizza before we sat down and picked what to watch on Netflix.

"How have you both been?" I asked them as they dig into the pizza.

"Well to bring you up to date this past few days, I'm doing alright I guess, although I may have a date scheduled sometime next week." Fern spoke with confidence.
"I'm so happy for you, I hope it goes well!" I reply, Fern had been single for 3 years due to her secret. Despite me knowing what I was from the moment I was born, Fern was different. Her parents raised her without telling her what she really was and didn't find out until her first transformation at 15.
It sounded tough from what she told us for the first time, the agony and pain as well as not knowing what is happening to you just be excruciating.

On top of her secret, at 15 she also came out to her parents as well as her friends. Her parents found it unnatural as they were heavily religious and they abandoned her after the transition. She now lives with her grandmother in the beach house on the sea front just on the outskirts on Hollow Bay. Her grandmother was loving and accepting of her and took her in, her grandmother however, did not carry the werewolf curse, her grandfather did but he was murdered by another pack before Fern was born.

"Justin?" I heard him rustling through the cabinets for food in the kitchen.
"Yeah?" He answered and popped his head out from the kitchen door.
"How are things with Jade?" I smiled.

"Great... now where's the popcorn?" He avoided the question.
"We don't have any. What's going on with you two lately?" I tilted my head in confusion.
Justin could tell I knew something was up, so he slowly slouched himself onto the couch.
"Erm... I broke up with her." He whispered and looked at the ground, hiding his face.
"Oh god, why?" Fern asked.
"We went to a college party a week ago, and I found her cheating on me with one of the jocks." I could see the hurt and anger in his eyes.

"That bitch! Where is she!? I'm going to tear her jugular out." Fern quickly snapped and immediately her eyes darkened with frustration.

"Let's not think rationally Fern..." I calmed her. I could see her wolf beginning to come out.
"Fern, violence doesn't solve everything. Even if I could I wouldn't, it's not how I deal with things, you know this. I just left it not get to me." Justin sheepishly said.
I placed my hand on Ferns making sure her wolf didn't over take her.
In seconds Fern breathing and her heart slowed.
"You're right. I should know better." She sighed.

"She didn't deserve you anyway, you were far to good for her. One day you'll find someone who's going to treat you right."
We both continued watching movies for the rest of the night.

Strangely that night, I seemed to not have any nightmares.