Chapt: 10: Alpha

|Monday|
|11am|
The next day, Justin and Fern decided to go into the town centre to shop whilst I went to work.

Upon arriving at the diner, everything seemed ordinary; a couple of people ate their breakfasts and sipped their coffee while reading the newspaper.
"Hey Joe! What's the news today?" I smiled and threw on my apron behind the counter.
"There's been an animal attack last night at the nature reserve, girl's been found dead."
"Oh my god! Who? I mean, what killed her?"
"Not many details have been released to the public yet, although Peter told me that she was a runner and it seemed like a bear that attacked her. Poor girl."

"Absolutely awful. I hope they find the bear at least if it's killing people in Hollow Bay." I began cleaning up a few plates.
"I don't think it was a bear though." Joe passed some dishes to me. Joe was normally a playful character however, Joe would always have a serious spark in his eyes that he meant business.

He continued, "I think it was a wolf."
"Why do you think that?" I developed a lump in my throat, carefully analysing my words.

"Just think, we've never had an animal attack in 10 years. However, it's been reported multiple times wolves have been in contact with the reserve among inside, deep in the town scavenging for food."
"Oh... It makes sense I suppose."
"Don't mind me and my conspiracies though, you've got customers waiting outside." He pointed toward the doors.
"I haven't seen him before." I stared through the small circular window that revealed a man at the counter in an all black and white suit.

I cautiously walked out to see what he wanted.
"Hello, may I take your order?" I smiled.

Immediately I could tell he was devilishly handsome with a small smirk on his raspberry coloured lips.
I gaped openly as I observed every inch of this mans body ,his sharp jaw, chin, and cheekbones. On either side of his straight nose were two blazing brown eyes. Spiked, warm brown fringed with smooth strand of white. His dark brows were actually graceful, but currently furrowed in a frown. All of it was framed by thick, warm dark chocolate curls I let out a shaky sigh.

"Good morning ma'am, I'd actually like to speak to the person in charge of this business." He dropped his grin slightly.
"He's actually out at the moment so until he's back you have me to deal with." I raised my brow.
"Well I'll just come back another t-"
"Why can't you talk to me about it?" I cut him off. He was hiding something.

"It's best if I discuss it to someone who's actually tolerable rather than a pup who's constantly yapping." He moved in closer. Trying to intimidate me.

"Listen pal, I don't know and don't care who you are, but you better tell me what's going on or get the hell out." I leaned in closer, not accepting defeat.
Our faces inches away.
Breathing heavily against one another.
The intensity and electricity pulsed through each other.
Our eye contact was consistent and didn't blink. I meant business the moment I accidentally flashed my violet eyes as my wolf, Violet, (hence the name) made herself present.

The moment the incident happened, the man stepped back, shocked at first but proceeded to furrow his brows.
"You better come with me." He whispered.
"I'm not going anywhere with y-" in seconds he grabbed my arms and pulled me outside. I kicked and broke his grip once we got outside.

"Get the fuck off of me, whoever the hell you are." I shouted.
"You shouldn't ever do that again."
"What?" I put my hair behind my ears.
"You shouldn't flash your wolfs eyes when you feel threatened."

"I didn't- oh no. Did anyone see?" I stood stunned. For the first time in 2 years I had lived here.
"No thank god."
"Aren't you scared?" I asked looking at the ground.
"No. I'm like you." He chuckled and lightly placed his hand on my chin which I quickly nudged away.
"I'm Ethan. Ethan Dolan."

"I don't give a fuck who you are, let me get back to my job." I headed towards the door when I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist.
"I can't let you do that, pup." I turned to face the man when suddenly a spray hit my face and everything turned dark.