Chapt. 19: The Turning

|3:30pm|
|Fern's POV|

I stayed with Justin in the hospital until he was discharged and able to go home.
"It's tonight Fern I can feel it." Justin sighed.
"Don't worry about it now. For now, we need to get you home and locked up."
"Locked up!?" His eyes widened.

"Relax it's going to be okay. Wait in the car for me please?" He shrugged and walked out of the hospital.
I sigh at the possibility of the one hundred things that could go wrong tonight. I hope Mia's back in time.

I take my time to grab a coffee before heading out. My mind was all over the place I didn't realise someone was behind me until I accidentally bumped into them.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry." Coffee had spilt on the woman.
I quickly grab some tissues and forcefully rubbed the stains.
"Woah! Slow down there." She giggled.

"Oh right yeah I'm so sorry, again." I chuckled and looked up at the woman.
Immediately I was met with the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life.
Her curly, black hair shaped her round, petite face. Her eyes were a gentle, golden brown which intertwined with a hint of bark brown color. The freckles outlined her cheeks and positioned perfectly on the top of her symmetrical face.
Her pointed lips, naturally parted as she stood silent, examining me.

"I'm Fern." I extend my hand.
"Rayleigh. Lovely to meet you Fern." She takes my hand.

"I'm sorry again for the spillage." I stuttered.
"You said sorry about three times, it's okay honestly." Her smile glowed.

I noticed her badge and uniform.
"You work here?" I ask.
"Yeah, a trainee nurse. I've just started a week ago." She explained.

"Ah I thought I didn't recognise your face, I mean of course I would have especially in this small town." I mutter on.
"Do you normally hang around hospitals?" She questioned.

"Err- no, just picking a friend up." I laughed nervously at her question.
"Okay. Well, if you want a buddy to hang around a hospital with you then here." She took a pen from her pocket and began writing on my coffee cup.

"Call me. We should get coffee sometime." She smiled and walked off.

My wolf immediately went crazy until I calmed my nerves down and paced myself to the car.

|6pm|

I took Justin back to my house where he could turn for tonight.
"Hey Grandma." I kissed her lightly on the cheek.
"Hello darling. And Justin what a pleasure to see you again." She embraced him.

"Is it set up?" I asked her.
Just then my older brother appeared from the basement.
"All set." He throws up a bag.
"Don't forget okay?"

"Andy I'm not going to forget. It's all good." I smile at him as he exits into the living room.
"Are you going to tell me what the heck that bags for?" Justin concerned.
"You." I went over to the kitchen and began gathering ingredients.

"Okay, I'm definitely not terrified at all." He sits at the table and grabbed a biscuit laid on the table.

"Mia should be here shortly." I say as I received a text message from her.

"Oh. Did they find the person behind it?" Justin says as he munched hungrily on the biscuits.
"Not who was behind it but they managed to find other rogue wolves and kill them."

I could hear his quick gulp.
"Why did she kill them? I mean, she let the other dude go." He continues to wolf down the food.

"She says they were too far manipulated. Nothing else could've been done." I sigh in anger but also pain; all those wolves who were forcefully turned and can't return home again.

I glance at the clock to find it was almost time to prepare.
"Right I'm going to call Mary over. You. Basement now." I demand him and he gets up and does so.

I call Mary and she's on her way. Hopefully she will be able to help him.
Humans are known to feel more pain throughout the transformation.

Justin and I head down into the basement where we were greeted with a gigantic, steel door.
I unlock it and opened it.
The door made a great squeaking noise loud enough to wake the neighbours.

"C'mon." I say and hurry him in.
I immediately grab the bag from outside and dragged it into the cage. Quickly, I grab our four metal chains and hook them onto the walls.

With all my wolf strength I pull it as hard as I could and I was unsuccessful tearing it down; great news, I suppose.

"J, I'm going to need you to put these on your wrists and ankles." He takes the chains.
"These are huge!" He lifts them in a weight gesture.

"Trust me when you turn, it was barely hold you. That's for sure." I grin.
I help him wrap them around his body.

"Kinky." He smirks and laughs.
"You do know you're talking to a lesbian right?" I smirk back.
"Lighten up Fern, you don't have to worry about me." I lock him into place.

"Wrong..." I clamp a huge chain around his chest.
"Okay... So. You'll know when you are transitioning when you feel aches, pains, headaches etc. Don't worry though the less you stress and give in to the pain the better. If you fight against the pain well..." I stop myself.

"I can hear Mary's truck pulling up."
"That still amazes me about your abilities." He speaks.
"I can't wait to be like one of you and Mia."

I smile hesitantly, unable of what to say; I mean, it's a written death sentence as soon as you transition.

I bonded the door shut and locked it three times over; just in case.

Mary appeared behind me followed by Mia and Ethan.
"I didn't realise you were joining us so soon." I smile and hug them all.
"We couldn't miss it. He needs all the help he can get tonight." Mia peeked in from the small window.

|Mia's POV|

I glanced through a small barred window to find Justin shivering whilst his eyes remained closed.
"Hey J. Everyone's here to look after you. Remember; don't fight it." He weakly smiled in response.

"He's sweating and shivering." I bite my nails nervously.
"It's beginning." Mary began placing her equipment down.

Suddenly large grunts came from the cage; followed by screams of agony.
Mary prepares her ritual by draw an odd symbolic shape on the ground as she chanted in a foreign language.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Fern questioned her.
"Yes I need each of you to draw blood." She handed us a small carving knife.
We passed it around each other, cutting small slits on our palms and pouring it into a bowl.

"Hurts like a bitch." I heard Fern mutter.
"Baby." I chuckled at her.

Mary further chants as she holds the bowl in the middle of the symbol.
"How's our blood suppose to help?" I ask.
"By combing wolves blood from different packs, it creates a powerful source of protection for us as well as Justin in case anything happens. It also empowers Justin's wolf so he can find the pain slightly bearable." She explained.