𝐕 : 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 :
𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝖻𝗒 𝖻𝖾𝗇𝖾𝖾

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 : 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝖻𝗒 𝖻𝖾𝗇𝖾𝖾

*James POV*

I was taken in by the police. "So, what happened?--" He asked and I started to realize this felt wrong. "My Mum killed herself" I cut him off. "11 years ago" I said, the memories rushing back at me.

He stared at me. "Well--Umm---Suicide isn't a murder and isn't a crime. You're just mad, right?" He spoke. I stared at him and didn't answer. "Want me to get a woman?" He asks. "Why would I need a woman?" I ask. "I-umm....I'll get child services" He gets up and goes to his desk.

This is my moment to run. "Where can I find a pen that can fucking work?" He gets frustrated. I get up slowly and run out the door.

I ran until my legs felt like Jello. I had to find Kiersten, go back to the café, whatever I can do to say sorry. She was my everything and I never even realized it until I needed her the most.

*Kiersten's POV*

It's been a while I haven't been with James. It kind of feels like half of me isn't there and I'm just a puzzle piece, waiting for him to connect with me again. I've fucked up, I pushed him away when he saved my fucking life. He stuck through everything with me and I ran away from him. I left him and something happened, something horrible. I need to tell him. But if there's one thing on my bucket list...

It's to find James

*James POV*

I've been walking for a while. I've only seen a few people with short brown hair and none of them were her. But I wasn't losing hope because Kiersten was my rainbow after a storm. She was my protector.

I followed every path until I came across the same café we sat at the day before. I waited and sat there, in the same spot.

"Are you okay, now?"

"I um--have to go to the bathroom"

The same clip kept running through my head of when she left me. I was falling for someone I was planning to kill. But, I stuck with her, I saved her. All along I thought that I didn't need someone, but I did and that's Kiersten.

*Kiersten's POV*

I ran as fast as I could. I almost got hit by cars and people screamed at me but nothing could stop me. I wanted to be in James arms and safe. I feel like if I leave him, bad things happen, like what just happened earlier today.

I kept running and ending up tripping. It left a big scratch on my face but whatever. I picked myself up and ran with my feet until I saw a sign that said "Café" and I smiled.

I took a deep breath and walked inside. I saw him. I legit saw him. He was right in front of my eyes. I walked to James and sat down, almost crying. "I haven't got the money" He said to me. "I didn't come back for the money, James" I smiled and he returned a smile. "Why do you have a scratch on your face?" He stares at the scratch from when I tripped. "Oh I tripped. I'm okay--" But then I remembered what happened. "Are you okay?" He holds my hand.

"I need to tell you something..."

*EARLIER THAT DAY*

I woke up on the same bench I went to sleep on. "James--" I said forgetting I wasn't with him. I frowned. I frowned because I was sad and angry at myself. I groaned and got up, walking down a alley way. I sat down next to a dumpster and cried my eyes out.

"What is a pretty girl like you crying in an alley way?" I heard a older voice say. "I will actually chop your balls off if you don't fuck off" I said annoyed. "I don't think that will happen" He said sternly. I looked at him and stood up. "FUCK OFF OR I WILL COME BACK AND STAB YOUR ASS" I screamed and he pinned me to the wall. "Don't make this difficult" He smirked.

"Hey, you gonna make this difficult?" That moment flashed in my mind.

"FUCK OFF!!!" I slammed him into the wall and grabbed a rock, chucking it at his head. The man fell to the floor unconscious. I stepped back slowly. "What have I done?" I thought. "No, he was trying to hurt you" I said to myself and ran away from the situation.

*BACK TO THE PRESENT TIME*

I explained to James everything that happened. He held me close and hugged me. "Kiersten, if you didn't do something, you could've been hurt. Listen, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you" He said angry with his jaw clenched. "It's not your fault, James. I left you, I shouldn't have. I should've thought it through--""You had every right to lea--""Without you knowing?" I said. "James, that was not right at all" My eyes started tearing up. "Yeah, yeah....Let's just head onto the road?" James suggests. I smile and nod.

We intertwined fingers and made our way to a car. "How are we going to do this?" I asked. "I can hotwire" He states. "Oh wow, that's pretty amazing" I smiled. I got into the car and sat down. James hotwired the car and we started to drive away.