𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 : 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐘

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 :
𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗰𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝖻𝗒 𝗆𝖺𝗍𝗍 𝗆𝖺𝗅𝗍𝖾𝗌𝖾

𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 :𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗰𝗮𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝖻𝗒 𝗆𝖺𝗍𝗍 𝗆𝖺𝗅𝗍𝖾𝗌𝖾

The day we met, I never knew I could be with someone, then I saw you.

*James POV*

    I woke up early to the waves crashing onto the shore. The sun was rising making everything dim-lit and beautiful. But what stood out most was, Kiersten. I never thought I would be with her. In fact, I planned of killing her before I learned more about her. She was something different than I've ever imagined. I thought she'd be the quiet, nobody type. She's more like sweet, caring, beautiful, quiet, and understanding type.

    If I'd never met Alyssa, I probably wouldn't ever have met Kiersten. I never knew I could feel something like this. I never knew I actually had feelings and wanted to protect someone. I never knew I loved.

   I don't ever want her to leave me.

  I snapped back into reality and Kiersten was smiling with her beautiful blue eyes.

*Kiersten's POV*

"Hey James"
"Hey Kiersten"

I smiled at him for a moment or so. He was like your ray of sunshine on a rainy day. "Do you want to ask my Dad if we could go on his boat?" I ask. "I thought you were mad at him?" He says confused. "I know and I am. But if we ask him, and he says yes, we could steal his boat and change everything about ourselves. Our names, style, location, everything. You in?" I ask. He smiles and nods, "Yeah"

We got up, hand-in-hand and walked to my Dad's. I opened the door and stood in front of him. I could tell that he got so drunk he passed out from the beer bottles and the stench the room was making. I poured water on him and hit him with a pillow.

"Agh. Fuck" He rubs his head and sits up. "Can we take a ride on the boat?" I ask. "Right now?" He asks. "Yes now" I nodded my head. "Hmm..yeah, okay. Let me just take a shit and get ready" He says getting up. I sat him back down. "You don't need to bring us, James and I can go alone" I say. "Alone?" He asks. We nod.

"Listen, what's the plan?" He asks us. We stared at him confused. "What?" I titled my head to the left. "I saw the news, there's a prize. You can trust me" He goes on. My heart immediately dropped. "How can we be so sure? How are we sure we can trust you?" I cross my arms. "Kiersten, I'm your father""Yeah, but you're also a liar" I scoffed.

"Please just tell me. Who'd you kill? Why?" He asks. "I'M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU!" I screamed in his face. "DON'T SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT! SIT THE FUCK DOWN!" He screamed at me. "Don't speak to her like that!" James yelled making us turn around. Leslie walked up to him and they were about two inches away. "Or what?" He asks. James just death glared him. "Fine, whatever. You're right" He walked away from him and back to me. "Please just tell me." He asks. I stared at him and sat down, sighing. "Go on" He says. "I'll make some tea and you guys can tell me" He says walking into the kitchen, looking for tea. "Well shit, we have no more tea" He shakes his head.

*No One's POV*

When Leslie went to go make tea, he called the cops on his phone.

*Kiersten's POV*

Leslie sat back down next to me. "You can tell me" He put his hand on my back. "T-There was this man....""Kiersten, don't" James warned me. "He was bad, really bad" I cried. "Shh. Shh. Shh. It's okay" Leslie tried calming me down, which didn't work. "He tried to hurt me, badly" I cried more.

*James POV*

As Kiersten was spilling our secret, something felt wrong. I turned behind me and saw a shotgun. I sneaked into the kitchen and saw that he called the police. I held the phone to my ear and grabbed the gun. "I killed the man, not her" I said to the police. I shut the phone. "He called the police" I pointed the gun at him. "YOU FUCKER!" Kiersten grabbed a knife that was next to her and stabbed him with it. Leslie screamed in pain.

*Kiersten's POV*

"YOU FUCKER!" I screamed and stabbed him in the leg. He screamed and whined. Not even 10 seconds later, a police officer comes in. "I'm Eunice, police" She says. Fuck, I thought. "Wait, you're the real police?" I ask. She nods and tosses her ID over. Shit, she really was.

"Please put the gun down" She said to James. I got up and went next to him. He passed over the gun. "Please move!" James tried to push her out the way. "No James, you can't keep running! Especially when you're 18! Also, Happy Birthday" She says. "Wait, It's your birthday? I could've gotten you a gift" I frowned. "Listen, I'm here to help" Eunice says. "Bullshit! They'll just lock you up with a ton of druggies and keep you there. Throw away the key!" Leslie screams. "Woah that's not the case" Eunice shakes her head. "Stop lying. Kiersten, you don't need him, he fucked up your life enough"  I kick his leg. "What the fuck is wrong with you!?" He screams in pain.

"YOU! YOU'RE WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME. YOU DIDN'T CARE THE TINIEST SHIT ABOUT ME. YOU MADE MY LIFE FUCKING MISERABLE, YOU LEFT ME TO DIE PRACTICALLY. YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD JUST MAKE BABIES AND BE FINE WITH IT" I yelled at him. "Don't play that card. Anyone can do that! 'I'm anorexic because I was adopted' 'I cheat on women because I wasn't breastfed' Everyone has a reason for why they behave!" He said.

"What's yours then?" James asks. "Huh?" Leslie says confused. "Why are you such a prick?" James asks.

God, I love him so much.

"You know what, he's right. But I didn't come looking for you. Right? I kept away. I thought it would be best if you forgot about me" Leslie explains. "I will never forgive you. I think it is best that we never speak and see each other again" I stuck the middle finger at him.

I turned to Eunice. "Will we go to the same prison if we hand ourselves in? Or juvenile? Will we?" I ask. "Look, yes, possibly" Eunice nods. "We wouldn't go to the same place?" I ask. "No but the thing--""No?" I ask. "No." She says. "I'm sorry" I say. "Why?" She asks and I grab the gun, hitting her with it, knocking her out. "Jesus Christ" Leslie says at the sight.  "Give me the keys to your boat" I lend out my hand. He searches for it and gives it to us. "She's breathing" James checks Eunice's pulse. I nod and take the keys. "Come on, we need to go" I grab his hand and run with him to the beach. We stare out onto the shore. The water was dried out. "FUCK!" I yell. We run down and hide for a moment.

"Kiersten, I love you. I truly do, but I can't let them take you..." James cries. "James, I love you too. I don't care if I get taken away, I want to stay with you" I stare in his eyes and he stares in mine. We kissed for the first time on the lips. "I'm really sorry, Kiersten, I love you" He makes an attempt to knock me out. I fall and the police find us. They held me back.

*James POV*

I tried knocking Kiersten out and I ran off. "JAMES! JAMES!" She screamed and cried from behind me. I tried my hardest not to look back. "PLEASE, NO!" She screamed.

I could hear the policemen trying to shoot me. I dodge the bullets.

I've just turned 18

And I think I understand...

...what people mean to each other.

"What's your name?"

"I'm James, and you are?"

"I'm Kiersten"

I'm leaving someone who loved me most,

and all I could say was "I love you"

You always say, "I love you" but not always adding meaning to it.

I did.

I truly loved this girl, I did.

"JAMES!" I heard Kiersten scream and a bullet ran right through my chest.