1: Meetings

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

.....beep.....beep.....beep...

You were abruptly awakened by the blaring sound of your alarm, reluctantly opening your eyes to a harsh onslaught of light seeping through your window. A disgruntled grunt escaped your lips as you attempted to shake off the remnants of sleep.

"Another day of hell," you muttered, still caught in the clutches of drowsiness. Your gaze shifted to the clock, and in an instant, your body jerked upright, a surge of panic coursing through you as if a shot of adrenaline had been injected.

10:00 am.

"I'm late..." you exclaimed in disbelief, springing into action and rushing towards the door before slamming on the brakes as a sudden recollection hit you.

"Damn it... No school," you cursed under your breath, exhaling deeply as you tried to piece together any plans for the day.

"Oh, right...I'll be transferred, then...." you thought, a tinge of uncertainty lingering in the air.

As you slumped back, a gravity-laden expression etched across your face, the weight of the impending meeting with your new family settled in. Thoughts swirled, anticipating the unfamiliar faces and dynamics awaiting you.

The creak of the door interrupted your contemplation, unveiling a woman in her forties – your mother.

"Y/n, I think you should hurry up a bit; we're leaving in 10 minutes, darling," she gently urged, prompting you to meet her gaze.

'Mom...'

You couldn't help but notice her adorned in yet another elegant dress, undoubtedly a gift from the man who had swiftly become your stepfather.

You sighed softly, a resignation settling over you as you tried to convince yourself that everything was normal, gaslighting your own sense of unease.

"Sure... I'll be down soon," you replied, closing the door behind her as you made your way to the bathroom, preparing yourself for the uncertain encounters that lay ahead.

                                                   _________________

Dressed in a simple outfit, you descended the stairs, finding your mom engrossed in her phone until the echo of your footsteps grabbed her attention.

"Ah, Y/n, just in time. The driver is here," she exclaimed with palpable excitement, rising from her seat. You observed her for a moment, realizing how genuinely happy she seemed with the new man in her life.

'She's really happy with him...'

"Let's go," you replied, a sense of resignation evident in your voice. You followed your mother out of the house, casting a lingering glance backward, a mix of bitter and sweet memories flooding your thoughts.

'Well, I guess this is the last time,' you mused silently as you continued towards the waiting car.

                                                   _________________________

The car journey had been marked by a heavy silence, and as you finally arrived, you peered out only to be met with the imposing sight of a colossal mansion. A momentary bewilderment washed over you, and a cascade of contemplation about your life choices began.

'This is too much... I feel like Sofia from that cartoon I watched when I was 7. Maybe this isn't the place where I'll be sleeping, but instead somewhere... normal...'

Taking in the surroundings, you noticed maids and guards efficiently carrying out their tasks. The atmosphere exuded an air of secrecy, confirming your suspicions.