Chapter 16:Begin

"Seems like everyone is done with the preparations," your dad trailed off, his eyes glistening with amusement and his voice hinting at a bit of interest. The weight of responsibility lingered in the air, a silent acknowledgment of the higher-ups' directives and the challenging nature of the gang they were tasked to deal with. Was he worried about sending his sons and daughter into an invasion against a formidable adversary in the underground? The concern and complexity of the situation were reflected in his demeanor, a mix of paternal care and the stern resolve required for their mission.

He spoke again, his voice carrying the weight of both authority and paternal care, "Make sure you all stay vigilant. This mission is critical, and we can't afford any mistakes."

The room fell into a contemplative silence, each member of the team absorbing the gravity of the upcoming mission.

"Keeping that in mind, the car awaits just beyond those doors," your boss announced, his gesture indicating the vehicle parked outside. Heads nodded in unison, signaling everyone's readiness.

"Then, we'll be back," Namjoon declared, leading the team outside. They filed into the waiting car, its engine humming to life as it smoothly started moving. The journey ahead felt like a departure to a battlefield, an expedition into the mysteries concealed within the small town's underground.

The ride to the location unfolded with a sense of natural progression. It was akin to a routine school trip, yet the destination held a distinct aura. The only audible sounds were the rhythmic tapping of keys as Yoongi typed away, engrossed in his work, and Namjoon engaged in communication with their allies, ensuring a seamless coordination for the impending mission. The car glided through the streets.

"Y/n," Yoongi called, and you turned to face him in curiosity. "Take this," he said, pushing a mobile jammer in front of you, prompting a quizzical look from you. "Don't use it unless I tell you to," he instructed, and you nodded quietly, acknowledging the importance of the device.

'I rarely used a mobile jammer in my missions before..' your thoughts trailed off as you decided to just shrugged it off and look outside the window. 

A few minutes passed, and the car came to a stop, signaling that you had reached the designated location. The air inside the vehicle felt charged with anticipation as the team prepared to disembark.

'Fuck that felt like hours' you tiredly mumbled to yourself as you sigh internally. 

In the earpiece provided before leaving the house, a message suddenly resonated in your ears. Recognizing the familiar voice, you heightened your guard.

"Following the plan we discussed, Yoongi and Hoseok will stay at the car and handle the task of hacking the cameras and additional jammers inside their base. Meanwhile, the rest will proceed with their designated roles," the professional voice of the man echoed through the earpiece, eliciting affirmations from the members.

Stepping outside the car, you surveyed the darkness of the night, shrouded in secrecy where no one could see or know your presence. The air was thick with anticipation, and the faint glow of distant streetlights offered just enough visibility to navigate the clandestine paths. 

Following Namjoon's lead, the team advanced through the night, guided by a route known before hand,. As you approached a nondescript door, Namjoon signaled for everyone to halt, creating a tense stillness in the air.

"Backdoor opened," Yoongi's voice cut through the silence, accompanied by the rhythmic sounds of his fingers dancing across the keyboard. "CCTV 154 secured. You can go in," J-Hope's voice followed, a reassuring declaration that the way ahead had been cleared.