Chapter 5: Haunt

Dinner concluded, and you found yourself back in your bedroom. After a refreshing bath, you changed into your comfortable pajamas. Despite feeling drowsy, you struggled to get a good night's sleep in the unfamiliar surroundings. Your eyes begged for rest, but a sense of restlessness lingered in the room.

                                            _______________________________

You awoke to the persistent knocking on your door.

'Who in the world is knocking this fucking early?' you thought, groaning groggily and feeling thoroughly annoyed.

(10:00 am)

Politely masking your irritation, you asked, "Do you need anything?" The maid outside responded with a bow, "Good morning, miss. Breakfast is ready." You acknowledged her with a nod, saying, "I'll be down in a minute," and closed the door. Returning to the bathroom, you swiftly changed into a simple outfit before making your way downstairs.

"Good Morning Y/n~" You heard a somehow motherly voice in the kitchen making you look at their direction to see Jin cooking. "Morning Jin-shi" you said and smiled back at him.

"How's the night going Y/n? slept well?" Namjoon asked making me look at him and made  a wide smile, "I slept fine like a log" you joked and chuckled making others giggling.

                                                                       _________________________________

The same routine repeated every day for a month—no revelations about each other's identities, and a veil of secrecy shrouded the past of each individual. It seemed like a tranquil period, devoid of any events that would expose the hidden truths. However, little did you know, the day was approaching when everything would unravel, causing a cascade of traumas that would shape your experiences from that point onward.

The day when your light was extinguished, your childhood shattered, and your sanity vanished. This haunting day clung to you like a relentless ghost, an everlasting cycle of torment.

You awoke early in the morning, drenched in sweat, as if you had just escaped a harrowing nightmare.

"Yeah, I nearly forgot. Today is that day," you thought with a pathetic chuckle, disappointed in yourself. Rising from your bed, you made your way to the shower, opting for simple yet formal attire.

As the clock struck 5:00 am, you descended the stairs, informing the maid that you had plans with a friend. Before you could make a clean exit, your eyes fell upon the figure of a tall man with broad shoulders at the counter. A hard gulp betrayed your unease as you garnered his attention.

"This will be quite annoying," you muttered to yourself.

"Where are you going?" A voice, deeper than usual, echoed in the room, prompting you to smile instinctively. "Oh, Jin-shi, you're up early. I have some plans with a friend, you see," you replied casually, closely watching his reactions. It was clear he wasn't buying it.

"You already have friends here...?" he questioned, sounding suspicious about the idea of you going out at this time. A small bead of sweat formed, but you maintained eye contact, and your smile remained unwavering.

You smiled cheerfully, fabricating a story on the spot. "A childhood friend, actually. We suddenly got in touch when she heard about me moving here. It seems it would be lovely if we reunited once again, so she suggested we go somewhere nice and watch the sunrise, just like we used to do when we were neighbors before!" The man before you seemed to buy it, nodding as he rubbed his chin and pondered if there were any potential faults.