Chapter 21:Sudden

You woke up to the abrupt sound of your phone, its brightness blinding you momentarily. Blinking away the sleep from your eyes, you squinted at the screen to see who had messaged you.

"Boss," you muttered, feeling a mix of surprise and skepticism.

Opening his message, you read,

'You should put your guard up, I got some intel that someone is targeting you.'

Your eyebrows shot up in disbelief, followed by a scoff. "That's bullshit," you cursed under your breath, rolling your eyes at the seemingly absurd warning. Just as you were about to dismiss the message, another notification popped up.

'We'll update you as soon as possible when we know their organization,' 

he added.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, you closed your phone. "And here I thought it was too peaceful," you mumbled, casting a wary glance around your room.

"Targeting me, huh?" you pondered aloud, the idea unfamiliar as you were usually the one doing the targeting. But instead of feeling fear, a smirk tugged at your lips. "Let's see about that," you resolved, determination gleaming in your eyes as you got out of bed to prepare for school.

___________

The day continued with the knowledge that your brothers were unaware of the intel your boss had received, and you decided it would be best to keep it that way. As school ended, you felt a sense of relief knowing you have to go home.

"Ugh, I'm so tired!" Jungkook exclaimed, stretching his back as he entered the house, eliciting giggles from those around him.

"Go wash up, and remember not to eat too many snacks since dinner will be ready soon," Jin reminded, earning a playful 'tsk' from Taehyung.

"Hobi's going first!" the sunshine of the group announced, dashing towards the doors. You followed suit, but opted for a more leisurely pace.

"God, I just want to die," a grim voice muttered from behind you, causing you to turn back in surprise to see Yoongi. and behind him are the maknae line wherein their bickering started.

"Hah? Who told you to get my Hoodie without my permission..?" 

"me" 

"You piece--"

"Do I look like I care?"

"Yah, Yah, Yah, don't fight infront of the door."

'I need therapy...' you thought to yourself, shaking your head in disbelief.

______________

The dinner ended peacefully, emphasis on the peace. Now everyone was chilling in the living room, the TV turned on but serving more as decoration since no one was even watching. 

Yoongi was engrossed in his usual laptop, typing away incessantly, the soft clicks of the keyboard providing a background rhythm to the room. 

Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung were engaged in a lively debate about games on one side, their animated gestures punctuating their conversation with bursts of energy. 

On the other side, J-Hope's infectious energy filled the room as he practiced dance moves, his laughter mingling with the rhythm of the music. 

Namjoon sat calmly in his favorite armchair, absorbed in his newspaper, occasionally nodding or chuckling at something he read. Jin, ever the meticulous one, sat at the coffee table, meticulously checking receipts with furrowed brows, muttering to himself every now and then.