4

jun was surprisingly happy to go to the café that day, because it meant the younger male would come to study there like he did everyday. jun didn't know why he was so different because of the presence of that boy, but he just figured it was because they were both from china.

jun walked up to the cashier counter and rested his hands on the familiar smoothed out wood surface, he looked down at his hands and something unfamiliar caught the corner of his eye and he looked to the side and when he saw a bunch of cards there, part confusion part curiosity swept over him.

jun walked over to his father's office and knocked on the wooden door, when he heard a yell from his father to come in, he did just that and walked in.

"hey, son... is there a problem?" his father asked, turning a page on a booklet of papers and putting it down in front of him as he looked up at jun quizzingly.

"why are there cards on the counter?" jun asked, his father looked confused for a second then understood what he was asking.

"oh, those are the coupons and membership cards, they're a new addition to this café, you can give them to anyone you'd like. but it'd only be to your counter. they're basically coupons because the price range goes from 5,000 won to 100,000 won." jun's dad explained. "sorry son, I should've told you earlier."

"it's okay, thanks for explaining" jun smiled and exited the office, he walked back to his counter and picked up one of the cards, he ran his finger over it and raised an eyebrow. 'good quality' he thought.

one of the employees flipped the closed sign to open and that's where his daily routine began, asking people for their orders and passing it back to mingyu, then having to stretch his strained arms from writing so much.

after a few hours of boredom, which felt like eternities. minghao entered the building, holding his books and his computer and making his way over to an unused table, setting his books down then walking towards him. jun watched him as he walked up to his counter, he waved at jun and jun waved back with a smile.

"is it okay if I talk with you in mandarin?" minghao asked, and jun nodded. minghao's smile brightened and he ordered what he usually ordered, which was blueberry waffles and jun could tell that minghao was happier and less shy around him.

before minghao left the counter, jun wanted to talk to him more so he looked around for an excuse, he then looked down at the cards and quickly grabbed one of the highest price ones and poked minghao's shoulder.

 minghao turned around and looked at him in confusion, jun put down the card and slid it over to minghao's side of the counter, minghao picked up the card and looked at jun.

"it's a coupon" jun shortly explained in his home language. minghao smiled and nodded, a quiet 'thank you' escaping his lips. "and minghao..." jun continued, and minghao looked at him again. "text me will ya?" jun smiled teasingly and the other male nodded with a tint of red on his cheeks.

when jun was done his shift, his father called him to his office and when he walked inside, jun's father looked up at him with a teasing smile.

"don't give customers the coupons for free, even if they're extremely cute"

"fuck off dad"

_______________________________________________________

ehhhhhhhhh this is short but idc

i hope you enjoyed, seeya in the next chapter :)