8

minghao didn't come back for a bit after that day.

jun waited a bit, assuming he was sick or maybe he wanted to study in the comfort of his own home, but a little bit of hope in his mind was still there, hoping that minghao would even maybe come to see him.

jun was worried, and that was an understatement.

some people say that you worry about people if you really care about them, and you just want them to be safe and you want them to be happy, if you really like them. but jun doesn't like minghao like that.

but that's what he thought.

jun neglected his feelings for so long, but he is beginning to realize that little interest is becoming a useless crush. and jun has to admit, he almost maybe hates it

jun doesn't hate minghao, but he doesn't even know if the smaller male is gay, or if he's single, both of those are too risky to ask, and he can't even ask, because minghao's not even visiting him.

but this isn't just becoming the end of the book describing a small part of his life, it's just the beginning, and again jun hates it. he wants it to end, maybe he wants minghao to be his, and that's something he doesn't want to act on, because he's a very embarrassing person and he cares about what people say about him.

but, in this situation, he just wants to run and keep minghao in his arms forever.

but life isn't a fairytale and jun needs to recognize that.

-

jun decided that he had enough of just sitting around and waiting, or worrying, so he asked another cashier to cover his shift for him as he ran to his car, jumping in, (not literally) and driving over to the kind-of familiar house that the smaller boy lives in.

jun walked up to the door and knocked, waiting for awhile before he could hear the sound of echoed footsteps, and then the door opened, showing the boy he's been worrying about the whole day, and jun could swear he almost ran to minghao and hugged him.

minghao looked up to jun with confusion, his eyebrows furrowed in a concerned matter and he looked jun straight in the eye, if minghao didn't look as cute as he usually did at that moment, then it would be kinda intimidating.

"are you okay?" jun asked, and minghao unfurrowed his eyebrows and nodded. "you haven't been to the cafe in weeks." jun informed and minghao nodded again. "did i do something wrong? what happened?" jun asked again with a curious tone and minghao just sighed.

"my exams are happening, and i'm a bit stressed, i'm sorry" minghao apologized in mandarin, finding it more easier to communicate, and jun nodded in understanding. "do you want to come in?" minghao asked a question as well, and jun, just like minghao, nodded. 

minghao opened the door a bit wider for jun and when jun entered he closed the door behind him and jun could hear yet another sigh. 

"is everything really alright?" jun questioned, wanting more confirmation, and minghao just smiled and nodded.

"like i said, my exams are really stressful and bothering and they've been also very time consuming, i'm sorry if i worried you" minghao confessed and jun smiled back, grabbing minghao's arm gently and pulling him into a hug.

"it's okay" jun replied and ruffled the younger boy's hair. minghao then blushed and walked towards the stairs and turned around to face jun.

"my room is up there if you wanna come" minghao offered and jun nodded, excusing every single innuendo he was thinking about from that one sentence. jun just followed minghao up to a long narrow hallway and they entered a middle sized room, and minghao just sat on his bed and patted the space beside him, signalling jun to sit there.

"y'know.. are you an astronaut? because your beauty is out of this world" jun smirked as he said the pick up line unexpectedly and minghao looked at him and facepalmed majorly, cringing behind his hand

"oh god, no no no" minghao chanted under his breath and jun found it amusing so he continued.

"life without you is like a broken pencil, pointless" even jun had to refrain himself from laughing, as minghao scrunched his nose up in disgust and looked at jun like he had just said every single racist joke in one sentence.

"if you wanna ask me out then get to the point, dumbass" minghao said, and it took jun off guard 100%, but he wouldn't pass up this opportunity, so he stood up and then got on one knee, cheesily holding minghao's hand.

"hey miny, will you do me the delight of going on a date with me?" jun asked in a flirty tone, topping it off with a wink as he kissed minghao's hand.

minghao fake gagged and laughed hysterically. "you're asking me out not asking me to marry you!" he shouted while laughing and jun tackled him onto the bed while yelling continuous 'shush's 

this is not the end yet we got 1 more chapter bc im an unoriginal person hAh

this was too cheesy and rushed and happy im sorry-----