Chapter 2// Detention

Recap:

"Detention after school Mr. Wilson. Now take a seat, you're disrupting my class." He replied. His cold hard glare never leaving my eyes.

Every heard of mercy sir?

I took a seat at the front. Unfortunately, it was the only seat available. The person I'm sitting beside—Dylan if I correct—gives me the nastiest smirk he could ever give.

That's the day that me and this so-called Dylan guy, met—————————————————————
CHAPTER TWO | DETENTION

Brent's POV

Ring! Ring!

I rose from my desk, collected my books and started to make my way towards the classroom door.

As I walk out, Dylan accidentally trips over my foot and makes a 'big deal' over it.

"Hey! Nerd! Watch where your foot goes." He shouted, acting all tough in front of his friends.

"Well watch where you're going." I argued back.

What am I doing?

"Excuse me!?" He takes a step towards me, his glare never leaving.

"Boys! Get to class." Mr. Bean said, interrupting our little 'fight.'

As we start to head out, Mr. Bean calls me back in, "Mr. Wilson, stay behind please."

"Yes sir?"

"You know coming in late everyday will eventually get you suspended?" He asked, looking at me dead in the eye.

I just gulp, "Yes sir, I know. It's just that I had a hard time finding the classroom and this school is so big-"

"I know, it takes some time adjusting to where everything is. Just make sure it doesn't happen again. Now get to class and I'll see you after school." He dismissed me.

"Yes sir. Thank you."

——Next class——

I walk into my next class—History—taking a seat next to this cute girl.

Is this a dream?

I notice Dylan and his gang staring me down out of the corner of my eye.

"Hi, you must be Brent?" She's holding out her hand, waiting for me to shake it.

Seriously...is this a dream?

"Yes. And yours is....." I shook her hand

"Crystal." A smile forms from her lips.

"What a pretty name for such a pretty girl." I complement.

She blushes, "Thanks."

Great job Brent...two pats on the back

"Good morning class." The teacher greets all of us.

"Good morning Mrs. Fruta." The class greeted her back. Well, except for me of course.

"So for today's lesson, you'll need to find yourself a partner. And yes, you can pick." She added.

I look at Crystal and she looks at me.p

"Wanna be my partner Brent?" She asked brightly.

"I would love to." I respond back.

Dylan's POV