Chapter 14// Missing Out on Family Day

Recap:

"Ok you two, enough with the eye argument, let's go board the plane." Brenda explains with a smile on her face.

The one thing I love about Brenda is how she always has that natural smile on her face. No matter what you do to her, she always puts a smile on her face.

We all gathered our belongings and boarded the plane, ready to go home.

——Arrival——

We just got home and it's 3am in the morning. I'm dead tired—I can barely keep my eyes open.

I throw my luggage on the floor and say goodnight to my family, "Goodnight guys."

On the way upstairs, I heard "goodnight's" being thrown back at me.

This was a good trip after all.
—————————————————————
CHAPTER 14 | MISSING OUT ON FAMILY DAY

Brent's POV

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

I slam my alarm clock shut. I got no sleep due to this stupid headache that's still remaining. I am not in the mood for anyone's bullshit today.

Knock knock

Ugh! This isn't helping my headache.

"Brent come on wake up." I heard the delicate voice of my mother through the other side of the door.

I once again groan.

She opens the door and sits beside me on the bed.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" She asks in that soothing tone.

"I got no sleep last night due to this stupid headache I have." I grumpily explain, sitting up.

"Aww my poor baby," she feels my forehead, "looks like you got a little fever coming along. Go back to sleep." She reassured me.

"Are you sure?"

"Honey? I wouldn't have suggested it if it wasn't ok." She ends with a little chuckle.

I laid back without any questions.

Max's POV

I make my appearance at the table to see only two figures at the table—I know for a fact that Brent isn't one of them.

"Where's Brent?" I asked, claiming my seat.

Brenda took a bite of her food before answering, "he's in bed."

Wait what?!

"He gets to skip breakfast but I can't." I complain.

She gives me that "mom" look, "Max, he isn't feeling to well. Last time I checked, you look perfectly fine." She lectures.

"But-"

"Max, don't argue with your mother." My dad butts in.

I sigh.

"Everyone hurry up. All of us are going to church." Brenda insists.

My mouth drops. First Brent gets to skip breakfast, now he gets to skip church. This is actually unfair.

"Mom, do I have to come to church?" I asked, hoping she'll have sympathy.

You see, Brenda is really religious. When I mean really religious, I mean it. One night, she made us say the rosary with her. She makes us go to church super early so she can say the rosary. If we miss one day of church. The world is ending.