UNCOMFORTABLE

~Chapter Song: Yang Yoseob 'Star'~

By the time So-Hyun woke up the sun had set and the only light coming into the room were the soft twinkling of the stars. She checked the time and it was 9pm. Crap she thought Oppa was right, I really need to sleep less.

She walked into the bathroom to freshen up and changed into a black hoodie with matching bottoms. She planned to study for the next few hours, but before that she needed to eat. Her stomach was growling as if to scold her for not feeding it since morning.

Opposite their accommodation was a convenience store and all she craved for was Jajangmyeon (black bean noodles) and some other snacks to help her concentrate whilst studying. She picked all she needed, paid and decided to send Jin-Goo a message letting him know that she's awake. Before she could press send she bumped into something hard and fell backwards.

This was it. This was how she was going to die, death by walk-texting. Her eyes were closed anticipating the impact. It's taking too long for me to die isn't it? She thought, but then she came to the realisation that she wasn't falling, something was holding her lower back and she opened her eyes to see Professor Seung-Ho holding her with one arm.

They stood there staring at each other and So-Hyun was trying to stabilise the sound of her heart, her mind was telling her to pull away from him, but then again when did her thoughts and actions ever match.

1

2

3

4

5

"Excuse me... You can't be doing this here" came the voice of the employee that had just served So-Hyun. They both pulled apart immediately, she lightly bowed to the server and said thank you to her professor, quickly making her way out.

"So-Hyun-ah"

So-Hyun turned around to see her professor reaching out for her

"S- seonsaengnim" she said looking at her feet and Seung-Ho smiled at her shyness.

"What did I say about eye contact" He calmly reminded her, and she quickly lifted her head up to look at him. The soft breeze blowing her bangs into her eyes, she usually brushed it aside, but she didn't mind it today, she was using it as her shield.

Seung-Ho tentatively reached out his hand and brushed the stray pieces of hair that was in her eyes and tucked them behind her ears.

"Now I can see your eyes" He whispered, his hand still hovering around her face.

Hiccup.

So-Hyun slapped her hand around her mouth and tried to stop breathing so that the hiccups would disappear, but the bag of food she was holding in her hand hit her instead.

Ouch.

So-Hyun looked up at her professor to see him smiling at her, dimples on full display and So-Hyun stood still. Why does she get like this when she's around him? She doesn't like him, she couldn't like him, but something about him somehow left her speechless and captivated.

Hiccup.

Seung-Ho wanted to be careful, he hasn't forgotten that they were with other members of the class, so he couldn't be doing this in front of the accommodation where too many eyes would be on them. He pulled his hand back and smiled at her once again.